Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

frozen ground----roll hunt

Posted by Indiana Heath 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
frozen ground----roll hunt
December 07, 2007 01:24AM
Read in magazine about lady who searched rolled half dollars for silver and found over 6,000 from Jan to August. Since ground is froze where I live now went down to the bank and got 23 rolls of halves. Found one 1962 Franklin and one 1967 40% Kennedy. Have ordered $500.00 from another bank to go through and found 2 other banks with several rolls. My bank will let me deposit them back into my account and would rather have them loose and not wrapped so they can run it through their wrapping machine. Besides doing internet searches for new places to detect in the spring, this roll hunting spices up the cold winter months. Half dollars are suppose to be the most promising coins to search in rolls.

Brad
Re: frozen ground----roll hunt
December 07, 2007 03:30AM
I've been doing this for years! Except; I do NOT return them to the bank. I find ways of putting them back into circulation!!!.....for obvious detecting (and collecting) reasons!
December 07, 2007 04:56PM
I do the same and also put them back in circulation. I love it when you give several of them to a cashier and they look at you like you are passing bogus money. I usually have to tell them to read the coin
December 08, 2007 05:51PM
......Just handed a waitress a $2 bill. She told me it was fake..... and needed to be a $3 bill with Bill Clinton on it!