Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Manual for V3 is out!!

Posted by pulltabMiner 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Manual for V3 is out!!
June 10, 2013 06:40PM
If I am reading it right, I'm going to p-own my city parks!

[www.xpmetaldetectors.com]

Pinpoint twice, dig once
Re: Manual for V3 is out!!
June 11, 2013 03:05AM
Interesting read. Must not be too long until V3 actually materializes. I read thru it pretty fast. I notice 5 tones, normalization of vdi linked to 18 freq readings, and a few other newbies. The notch ground looks interesting. Thanks for posting. Looking forward to giving it a try. Luv my deus by the way. It's a killer in the ole rusty iron/nail beds. I am impressed every time I take mine out.
June 11, 2013 06:06AM
Thanks for the manual!!

Reading it now....

Keith
June 11, 2013 11:06AM
I noticed there was no comment related to improving the jumpy VDI. Like the Fisher platforms, the digital only VDIs never seem to stabilize except on clean shallow targets. The Minelab products excel at outputting a stable VDI, especially the Sovereign coupled with the "180" meter. I wish there was an eTrac setting that made the sampling rate even more variable, so as to "significantly" stabilize the VDI at the expense of recovery or target separation ("HighTrash" and "Recovery Deep" don't effect enough). The F75 LTD platform has the super-deep "CL" mode but the VDI is actually worsened with more sampling!

I'm tending to dislike the 0-100 VDI scales more and more and favoring the digital 2-D 'analog' scale of the ML Etrac/CTX. My brain can better process a moving cursor versus a jumpy 82/43/67/98 reading. Until the Deus improves its' VDI, I'll wait on the sidelines for V4.
June 11, 2013 01:35PM
The thing to remember about the Deus was that it never was intended to be like a traditional target ID machine. The remote with that info on it was basically meant to be stuck in the pocket and forgotten about, and letting the tones do the talking/id for you.
June 11, 2013 02:23PM
Daniel I also have a Deus, what type of hunting do you mostly do? And what program and settings do you use to set and forget and just use tones without looking at control panel? PS I also use the Deep Tech Vista Gold.
June 11, 2013 05:13PM
Frank,

I don't hunt much anymore at all. When I use to hunt a lot, I mostly relic hunted and occasionally coin hunted. All I really cared about was whether the objects in the ground were iron or non iron. Settings on the Deus differed from site to site for me. If I was in a site with a lot of iron trash, I would run it in GMP program and let it eat. The intent in those places wasn't really depth so much as it was unmasking. If I was in a search and destroy site...where I was just out doing casual hunting and not running into a lot of iron, I would switch things up a little and just use a different frequency....or go to a different program which basically done the same thing...I would run G-Maxx or Deus Fast. I never really cared about the ID numbers or any of that...most of the time the bad soil I hunt will skew the numbers of good targets anyway...even on machines known for better overall ID, most of the time they will still read targets in a lower range than what they do out of the ground. I've dug countless minie balls that barely read into the foil range in the ground...and once out of the ground they lock all the way into the zinc penny range.

The Deus was the last good machine I've had...I sold it and got heavy into archery. Then a couple months ago I bought a Vista Smart...thinking I might get back into this stuff a little bit. That was a big mistake as it just didn't live up to the hype IMO. If the Deus machines weren't so much, I sure would love to have one again.
June 12, 2013 07:49PM
Not trying a Deus because it doesn't id a coin past 7 inches is a little crazy. I've talked to my friends who use the Etrac and they tell me that the Etrac has the same problem.

In my soil, the Deus will ID a coin accurately up to 6-7 inches, Paramount to this is an accurate GB setting. After 7 inches, the VDI pretty much goes away but the tone is still superb. As I hunt the deep stuff that's been overlooked in the past, I rely on sound mostly.

VDI for me becomes important only when I am hunting for jewelry and then again, one cannot overlook the tone quality here either.

Once you use and learn a Deus, you won't want anything else. VDI? How about wireless without a transmitter to clip anywhere, superb design, super light, powerful to no end with a 9 inch coil (equals other machines 11 inch coils), ridiculously fast, master of iron, and built tougher than tough.

The V3 update just upped the iron handling a notch or two and they made it even faster if you can believe it!

Let others wait. I am cleaning up my parks with the Deus.

Pinpoint twice, dig once
June 12, 2013 08:45PM
As far as the simple aspect of unmaking in iron the DTVG is eerily the same as the DEUS...an maybe a tad behind the the GMP....

Now for other apect's like I.D. and notching and more tones etc...the DTVG cant compete...but for real world unamsking in nails the DTVG is a very good machine.. though the build quality is lower than the Xp's.. The performance ratio is right up for intended purpose..

The XP's are at the moment the benchmarks of unmasking..Maybe First Texas will solve this..

The CTX can unmask in iron very very well if your after low conductors also..Yet it take a special approach/mindset to benefit from it...and its tedious work...and maybe not the most simple way to use.. but it work's...

Theres some very good unmasking machine's being made right now....

The best ones are not made in the U.S.

Theres some Very very good one's being made in the U.S. but not the best one's..

best iron unmaskers in the u.s at the moment in a tone setup..

AT-PRO/GOLD
T2/F75
G2/Gold Bug
Eurotek maybe?Not sure dont have one specs look good yet it's a low freq....

Best European tone setup unmasker's..
Xp DEUS/GMP
Deep Tech Vista Gold

Excellent low conductor unmasker in nails in the cuff button range and larger from Australia
CTX

If you have any of these machine's for iron work and use them wisely on hunted put spot's you will find keeper's..
Especially if the site is dead go with a GMP/DEUS or DTVG or a CTX ..all that is left usually is low conductors or stuff that read low conductor's if the site is really obliterated,,,, and the performance gains these FEW tone machine's exhibit in the low conductance keepers mixed in iron are the best you can achieve AT THE MOMENT in my opinion...

Those 4 machine will pull low condcutors out of nail's you thought were hunted out...not alot but all the same still non ferrous target's!...the CTX out of the 4 will work wonders with proper settings and small coil in use.. when compared to the other machine's ability with a larger coil....

Again use the right tool for the job...

Keith
June 27, 2013 10:51AM
I had two Deus's and sold them both. That had to be about one the dumbest things I have ever done. I have yet to use a machine that can work the sites that I am used to (usually an old home BUILT OVER an even OLDER home-place). I found most of my good stuff with the Deus. Most of my VDI's where good ol 97. 97...97...97. I was beginning to think that I had gotten a dud. Until I bought the second unit and it did the same thing. There is a certain depth, in my sloil, where wny and everything is 97. lol So I just dug it, In fact, I dug everything. I have so many of those great big tupperware Tubs from Wal Mart that are filled with old scraps, horseshoes, (I wouldn't doubt if there's an old fuse in some them, since I didn't know what what one looked like. An old relic hunter just aid "Keep Everything" and so I did. Now I have to scoot those heavy boxes around in the garage when trying to sweep it out. I have an old broad axe head (that they used for making crossties.......AND for squaring up graves. I have several axeheads, horseshoes galore, a couple of old grobbib hoes with the round hole for sliding a sapling up through it when ya broke your handle. I may go through my iron bins today and treasure hunt for something I missed!!!! The other day, my sister was visiting, and looked down at a pile where I would take iron junk from my car trunk and lay it on the ground and there was a mercury dime laying there!!!!!!!! MISSED IT!!!! Back to the Deus. When I would hear that Non-ferrous sound....my heart would start beating. And now, since Version three is practically out, they will raise the price on the Deus because it will alread come updraded (this is from Alain {the maker/designer}). But that would be my next unit. For sure. I would let them keep the 13 inch coil though.
June 27, 2013 10:57AM
And today's "realized" flagship..... is the one that 'produces' non-ferrous targets in carpets of nails the best.
June 27, 2013 12:44PM
I was not a fan of the large coil either. Like you I had the Deus twice. Sold them twice. The weight was amazing, but performance wise I think the CTX does a better job. Now that might be in my area only with our dirt. Since I sort of gave up on the dirt diggin I really had no use for the Deus. Traded my last one for a new Excal. I think the Deus sales would suffer from a price increase. But hey what do I know? It is a beast in the iron. That is it's claim to fame. But the settings needed to do it killed the depth. As I have already stated, the CTX can do both at the same time. JMHO.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2013 12:47PM by goodmore.