Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Fisher forum on treasure depot

Posted by sonny(IN) 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Fisher forum on treasure depot
October 07, 2009 11:02AM
Pete eles says the new F-75 LTD is overkill for coinhunting and you do not need it.. any thoughts TD....
Re: Fisher forum on treasure depot
October 07, 2009 11:43AM
or does anyone have an opinion on the ltd not for coinhunting????
October 07, 2009 03:14PM
Well overkill to find coins I guess that is what the explorer is overkill And you can not get those hunters to part with their machines....and the F75 the older unit is a great hunter for coins on turf why not look for the deeper stuff the coins that are being masked...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
October 07, 2009 07:23PM
I would think that it's just the ticket for turf hunting, since the grass already creates an air gap. I'm hoping the boost mode might gain back the depth you lose from the coil sitting on top of 1-3 inches of matted grass.
October 09, 2009 04:15AM
Overkill ya i dont want a detector thats to good
October 31, 2009 06:38AM
The Ltd gives better ID resolution on deeper coins (and all other targets)......so I'm uncertain what the justification is for 'overkill'. To me, there's no such thing as "it's as deep as I'll ever want to dig". The deeper (with ID accuracy) the unit is, the older and better the finds.....as depth strata is nearly always linear. The bulk of my high-dollar/rare finds have been at fringe depths.........with the full understanding that even deeper/more extremely rare targets are at undetectable depths. To dig Seated coins at fringe depths.....knowing that just a few inches deeper are the Bust.....and even the Spanish coins/relics....that are just beyond reach......... is a painful thought.