Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

2 impressive short hunts with deus 2.0

Posted by tnsharpshooter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
2 impressive short hunts with deus 2.0
June 17, 2013 05:27PM
Went out last evening and this morning. Running 12 khz setting, 2/3 reactivity, 3 tone with breaks at 35 and 70, disc at 5.5, silencer at 2, iron vol at 0, auto gb tracking balancing around 72/73, sens at 95. The only real differences to my detection scenario is the ground is drier now than it's been so far this spring. In a small section I dug 13 good targets (2 small musketballs, 5 buttons total (2 of which are revolutionary war era military buttons), 1- cuff link, 2 pieces of small copper, 3 misc small nonferrous. This is the same spot I've been hunting for about a week. This area has been hit hard with etrac with multiple coils, V3i w/stock coil, F75se with 7x11 coil and CTX with stock coil running all detectors in various fashions to try and pull something out. You can put the deus w/stock coil in pinpoint and walk around this small area and only now and then will you get a break from the all metal tone. I claim to not be a deus expert but did see some interesting things this morning I will share. Half of my finds were only 2 way hits, not 4 way hits. The tone on most targets was not ideal at all. This morning the number 94 come up on most of the targets. Most of the 2 way only hit signals were when I happen to be running 3 reactivity. Something else I noticed is if you pay attention to the iron meter you're making a big mistake. On a lot of my good targets I would get a tone that just sounded almost like iron. The tone was consistent with each sweep. I noticed the iron meter go halfway up on a lot of targets and on one even higher with 94 being reported on most and the right side portion of the horseshoe lit up. I will add 3 of these targets when the coil first approached gave a 4 or 5 vdi reading (with the right side tip of the horseshoe showing). Upon further sweeping and/or centering coil over target the vdi would jump to 94 with the raspy sounding tone usually associated with iron. Even on one of the targets dug out of the hole but still in the clod give a 5 vdi reading but with more sweeps the vdi started firing at 55 vdi (target was only about 2.5 inches from the top of the clod as determined later). The last 5 minutes of my hunt (as it was getting too hot for me) I dialed the deus down to 8khz setting runnning at 3 reactivity. I get this very weak but smooth tone. Very consistent weak tone over the same spot on the ground. No part of the horseshoe lit up whatsoever and no numbers. I switched to 12 khz setting and the same thing a weak but smooth tone coming from the same little spot. Um I said so I switched my reactivity to 2 and now I get the right tip of the horseshoe showing with a slightly better tone but still no numbers, swithced back to 8 khz and the same results. So I switched to 1 reactivity and now the right tip of the horseshoe is displayed and the number 98 comes into the screen. I dug the target and sure nuff at about 6 inches down was what seemed like part of a copper clamp very thin and rectangular but had the little slits like a clamp has. I believe this target may have been on edge but I don't know for sure. I missed this target a good ways when initially trying to dig based on where the deus was detecting it. Every trip out with the deus is entertaining and interesting. An iron monster for me. In a dig everything nonferrous kind a setting it's tops in my book. Every target with the deus is like potluck. You never know whats coming up out of the ground. Ready to go again this evening when it cools off some. And my deus isn't going anywhere anytime soon except with me to the old homesites and fields. I did notice the deus tracking out a few times in auto giving 90 in the window. I even found one good target with it tracked out. Cheers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2013 05:55PM by tnsharpshooter.
Re: 2 impressive short hunts with deus 2.0
June 19, 2013 02:19AM
Keep a large part of your primary decision making process on exclusively the 'audio'.
Re: 2 impressive short hunts with deus 2.0
June 19, 2013 06:33PM
Just curious, but is the version 2.0 or the new 3.0? (noticed it says 2.0 in the subject line and wondered since 3.0 is now out...).

Cheers,

****Updated: Sorry! missed your other post regarding version 3.0... ***

/Cheers,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2013 06:49PM by Peacemaker.