Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Deus as Coin Detector

Posted by RLOH 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Deus as Coin Detector
June 19, 2013 09:02PM
I have been poking around and looking at dealer demo Deus. I mainly hunt for coins and dig my share of jewelery. I have tried almost every detector made except the Deus, but I have read many posts concerning how it handles modern trash and rusty bottlecaps. I know that the subject of depth comes up constantly, but where I hunt, I have to get a reliable 8 inches of depth to reach silver coins. I have had success with the Explorers, but just too heavy for me. I can find coins mixed in with iron and tabs with any Explorer I have used, but after hunting and rehunting all of my spots, I have to have a detector capable of hunting in the trash. The Deus seems to be extremely fast and responsive, but I will wear myself out it rusty caps and pultabs sound like coins. Just about every detector I have ever used has had some kind of problem with some kind of trash, but I have found an Explorer to be the near perfect detector for me. I have watched many youtube videos of the Deus and at this point, I can't see if it is the near perfect "coin hunter". Any advice would be appreciated. I am down to one detector and that is an Omega which is great on silver and copper, but struggles with nickels- gold. I would say that I dig twenty 56-58 vdi numbers to get one nickel. Can't seem to improve on that. Thanks and please let me know your thoughts on the Deus. R.L.
Re: Deus as Coin Detector
June 20, 2013 12:34AM
The DEUS is a great machine....

Yet at the same time it is better suited for older sites...

Its not at it's best in modern trash or parks and such...

the i.d. system is geared for unmasking in iron and that will be the first thing you notice when hunting...it likes to call deeper items high I.D. number's..Not matter what the item is..

use the tones more than the I.D. screen..

The machine is deep rooted in ancient habitat hunting..

Now if you like to dig your coins in the 1800's and hunt older sites like long forgotten house site's an such then the machine will indeeed find you some nice old silver in nail bed's..

If you hunt more modern silver like merc's and such in modern area's...you will find it to be a little bit more demanding...yet at the same time it will find stuff..
you might just dig more trash than you like or can on some site's. ...

its $2000.00 buck's....but it perfroms best in iron unmasking...Its 2000.00 because it's wireless and updatable over the net...

The GMP is less than a grand and perform's as well in my opinion unless you need visual..

For coin hunting if you tried a T2 in the past then you will notice some similarities..Like extra noise from rejected target's and such...

If you liked the explorer on the other hand but found it heavy...you might look at spending another 500.00 for the CTX...it handles modern trash exceptional..runs smoother than an explorer and is as deep, and balances well for longer hunt's..and can update over the net too..

It also unmask very well in iron.. better than the explorer did...is it as good in the old sites as the DEUS? maybe possibly with the right settings and approach...but a understanding of how to set it up is paramount for sucess in dense iron on the CTX .. the DEUS in dense iron is set up for that type hunt in it's DNA...

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2013 08:42PM by Keith Southern.
June 20, 2013 05:32PM
Couldn't agree more with what Keith said.

Even the latest update of Deus V3 hasn't turned it into a multifunctional detector, it's born and bred as a relic hunter.

HH
Johnb
June 20, 2013 09:20PM
It can find relics and coins with the best of them. But if you try to make it a coin only machine you will kill what is special about it.