Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ-3D (1021) cal by Tom, to buy At Pro?

Posted by fisher cz-3d 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CZ-3D (1021) cal by Tom, to buy At Pro?
June 20, 2013 08:21PM
Should I sell my CZ-3D (1021) cal. by Tom, to buy At Pro?? ........ Or AT Pro Gold??....I'm seeing videos of guys pulling out sweet finds from iron infested sites.......It would be nice to have a new machine & water machine too, but the CZ is DEEP.......is the AT deep? ...thinking of selling and learning the AT....??? If I sold Id use money to by AT.... Money is tight.... Help me out here?
Re: CZ-3D (1021) cal by Tom, to buy At Pro?
June 20, 2013 08:40PM
The AT is deep....

is it as deep as the Cz?

Probabably not..though you might have weird ground and it the AT might be deeper..

but dont put to much emphasis on depth....the unmasking in trash is better than the CZ.. and most of your better finds are in trash anyway.. be it iron or modern trash...

I have dug deep targets with the AT-PRO with some ground manipulation it is very doable....on a side not I cant get an AT PRO to hit my 10 inch dime.. but a CZ wont either...unless both have ground bal.. manipulation done to them...

the At pro runs better with offset ground when comparing it to the CZ...the AT likes more ranges of conductor's also....

The is a fine unit...a true all a rounder...Coins and relics and jewelry.. depth is very very good not the deepest out there but very very good...To get the most out of it in iron get the 5x8 DD...I hear theres some newer bigger coils on the horizon..If so then the depth will not be an issue when needed..

And I might add it has the best Audio on the market .. Maybe the best audio ever put into a machine...

Keith
June 20, 2013 08:56PM
AT Pro will go as deep or deeper as/than that CZ because the AT comes stock with a large DD coil.

I've dug quarters at 12" while land hunting using my AT and a $1 piece at 15" in wet sand at the Lake Michigan beach front

if you can only have 1 machine - the AT is hard to beat being so versatile (hunts water, land, iron sites, all weather conditions, etc.).

The only thing IMO that is a loss by trading out for an AT Pro is that the CZ is dual frequency and the AT is only 1 --- this doesn't matter a whole lot if you're not hunting salt/black sand beaches and/or highly mineralized ground but if you do/are - the AT isn't going to do as well as the CZ in those environments as far as depth but as Keith said above - depth isn't everything ---- the ATP is a good choice/machine for the $$

I have a CZ6a (same thing as a CZ3d basically) and an AT Pro and I like them both for different reasons but if I had to choose between the 2 - I'd have to keep the ATP

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2013 09:08PM by MichiganRelicHunter.
June 20, 2013 10:58PM
We all know the CZ is the depth king but easily masked...and from reading understand the AT pro really handles the masking situation...What I like about it its a water unit and the ATD I had way back when was a gold ring magnet. Unfortunately if I still water hunted Juniors unit that he just sold would have been mine..
Come to think of it if one had the bucks might make a good combo...
June 20, 2013 11:58PM
Yeah I sold my AT-Pro but I still have my AT-Gold and to me it just seems to be a little more sensitive to small lower conductors which is great if your a relic hunter, but it still will pick out silver if it's in the ground. I am getting Dans Tejon he had for sale on here to use on relics. But if I'm in a area where small iron is in abundance the AT-Gold will get the nod due to it's iron capabilities and separation abilities. The AT's with a 5x8" coil is one of the best set-ups I have ever used in my 20 years of detecting it just picks through the iron and trash better than any machine I have ever used!
June 21, 2013 12:32AM
I added an AT PRO a couple months back and I like it more and more, but I'm keeping my Tom D 1021 as well. Can't beat that CZ for depth, smooth running(inland or beach), love how it kicks old coins into high tone(tones are better than the AT for my ears) simple to operate. The AT comes out when the iron is there, but if no/little iron, the CZ gets the nod most times. If you can work it out, keep them both.
June 21, 2013 09:36AM
I may be weird but I wouldn't be able to sell any of my detectors.....especially my Tom tuned 1021. Not sure why I'm like that.....maybe too sentimental I guess.
June 21, 2013 12:32PM
Ozzie the CZ3D 1021 machines are getting harder and harder to find if I had one I would definetly hang on to it, the newer CZ3Ds aren't as hot as the 1021's!
June 21, 2013 06:22PM
Well...I guess it looks like I'll keep my CZ-3D 1021 Tom calibrated & certified....my next problem would be which one to choose going on a hunt.. If I could swing detectors with both arms I would.. smiling smiley So the old foundations Ive hunted with the CZ..means that the AT Pro would cut through the trash...meaning the CZ missed targets..so Id have to rehunt the sites with the AT Pro.. ..ugh... & is the AT Pro Gold good for relic hunting.. Thank You guys.. smiling smiley
June 21, 2013 06:42PM
don't sell, older cz's are getting pretty rare, and yours is calibrated by tom! find another way to finance the at-pro!! imho.

different machines, swing speeds, coils, angles, etc: used on the same site/ patch of ground are great ways to clean out a a site!
chuck.
June 22, 2013 12:21PM
Ive decided to keep it. I'll admit shes been good to me. What is imho? Thank You
June 22, 2013 12:35PM
fisher cz-3d Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ive decided to keep it. I'll admit shes been good
> to me. What is imho? Thank You

"imho" = In my honest opinion

and I agree with the majority here

if you can manage to keep the cz AND buy an AT Pro - they make a good combo but I still stand by my original statement of IF I had to make a choice between my cz and my ATP - I'd have to keep the ATP as it's way more versatile

good luck with whatever you do

HH
June 22, 2013 01:56PM
imho = in my humble opinion.

could also be in my honest opinion as mrh posted.
chuck.