Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

One short park hunt....two rings..

Posted by Dan-Pa. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
One short park hunt....two rings..
June 20, 2013 10:35PM
Took the F-5 out last night and been only the 4th or 5th time as I had a bad Spring healthwise...guys must be really hitting the park as clad was scarce so concentrated on the foil -nickel area...nickel one turned out to be a plain goldfilled junker but the second was a nice thin 14kt. gold with 3 small diamonds that hit medium foil....guess the old guy hasn't lost it yet...And how was your day....
F-5 is a very underated detector for sure and real light to swing...Just ask Mike Hillis the resident Guru.....
Re: One short park hunt....two rings..
June 20, 2013 11:25PM
Way to go on the yellow! Nah, detecting is like riding a bike, one never forgets how...you only get better winking smiley

I've used the F5 before, it's a KILLER machine. Operation, weight, etc. is very similar to an Omega IMO. The F5 is one of the few machines that I actually think is UNDER priced on the market. For the price point, you get a LOT of detector!

Curious...what VDI did the band with diamonds come in at? 10, 12?

Congrats on the gold and for being back in the 'swing' of things smiling smiley

Joe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2013 11:31PM by njnydigger.
June 20, 2013 11:57PM
Congrats on the diamond ring.

Can imagine the surprise you got from recovering the gold ring, especially coming out of a park.

Detecting since Feb, 2010
E-trac with 18"x15" SEF, 13" Ultimate coil, Pro coil, Minelab 8" coil, 4.5"x7" SEF, Sunray target probe
CTX3030 with 17"x13" DD coil, 11" DD coil
June 21, 2013 02:00AM
Nice find/s there Dan -

have never used any of the new Fishers except the Gold Bug Pro that I currently have - - always been loyal to the CZ's and 12xx series machines but I have heard good things about those F5's

great to see you back at it -- keep up the good work and find more, dig more, post more!

HH

MRH
June 21, 2013 03:39AM
Congratulations on your nickels, Dan.

I haven't had mine out in a while. Been fooling around too much with some others when I do have time to get out.

HH
Mike
June 21, 2013 12:50PM
For those using an F-5 came in at a solid 22....junker was a dead nickel at 30.....from my experience last year seems like darn near every solid 30 is a nickel....31-32-33...all one tab that saturates our parks...For the most part a gold ring or nickel the numbers won't fluctuate and indicative to dig..
June 21, 2013 05:27PM
Very nice job, Dan. Sorry about the poor health keeping you at home, but you made the most of a park hunt, that's for sure!

Steve