Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Deus Help Needed Re: NOTCH GROUND

Posted by DrJoeprime 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Deus Help Needed Re: NOTCH GROUND
June 22, 2013 04:25PM
Need a bit of help on what NOTCH GROUND does.

It seems like all the set programs except Goldfield have the NOTCH GROUND activated for 85 to 90.

What does this mean?

Joe (California)

PS: Here is what Instruction book says:

The Notch complements the ground balance settings : it enables a
"window" of ground values to be rejected rather than rejecting all
the ground values below the setting. You can for example adjust
the ground balance on the value of the prospected ground (eg: 78),
then reject the false signals due to hot-rocks by adjusting the
NOTCH GROUND between 83-90 only, thus you will not reject the
ground value from 78 to 83.
Notre:To search for meteorites, the majority of which have values
from 84 to 89,disable the NOTCH GROUND, so as to detect them.
Re: Deus Help Needed Re: NOTCH GROUND
June 23, 2013 01:37PM
Might try Finds forum under the Deus header.
Re: Deus Help Needed Re: NOTCH GROUND
June 24, 2013 12:08AM
Joe,

I think what is misleading is the saying 85-90 without explaining that this is a different scale than the TID scale. It is referring to ground balance scale and not Identification scale. They just added the ability to notch or not to notch out this range on the ground balance adjustment. The 85-90 was notched out on previous versions and they just added the ability to add or reject this range on Version 3. I doubt that we will ever need to change it where we detect. If we were meteorite hunters it might mean the difference in detecting them or not. I think that Alain added it more for the Gold Prospectors to give them some fine tuning on the gold fields and by giving it to them, he had to also give it to us and a way to turn it off or on. Just my take on it so far.

Joe

“Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from any direction.”