Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What's the deal on this new detector?

Posted by njnydigger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
What's the deal on this new detector?
July 02, 2013 10:19PM
Kellyco is selling these Si Robinson camo detectors. I think this guy is on tv, and they're obviously doing a cross promotion. Anyone know anything about these detectors? I don't mean the whole camo part (that's simply a marketing thing), but rather the detector itself?

Is this a private label detector Kellyco is putting out? It appears that way. I'm not looking at getting one, but, their banner ads are everywhere, and after looking over the specs, not a bad little unit. Surprised the heck out me that they included a GPS on a sub $500 machine, lol.

What in the heck are these things?

[www.kellycodetectors.com]
Re: What's the deal on this new detector?
July 03, 2013 03:38AM
Looks like a gimmick/toy detector to me (sort of like an ace 250 knockoff looking thing)

notice how there's no engineering specs/info either?? = Bad sign/red flag rgt there...
July 03, 2013 03:58AM
Cashing in on duck dynasty popularity.
July 03, 2013 05:09AM
<and after looking over the specs, not
> a bad little unit.

What specs? Who needs specs anyway when "The machine does all the work. You just pick up the money and valuable rings and stuff."

Based on the warranty and the retailer selling it, I'm guessing it's Chinese made for Kellycocca.

The Chinese detectors I've seen in the past seem to have one year limited warranties like this one.
July 03, 2013 11:53AM
Wasn't this detector released soon after the CTX? GPS and all? It was a different color then. I know that there are people out there new to the hobby that will consider this a good buy. I feel sorry for them.

Some companies will sell anything. I better stop there.
July 03, 2013 11:55AM
It kinda looks like they were copying the looks of a Deus to me.
July 03, 2013 03:24PM
Love the camo but not the machine or the way they are promoting it...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
July 03, 2013 04:50PM
I'm sure some of you picked up on the twinge of sarcasm in my post winking smiley Clearly a low brow unit aimed at the entry level crowd. And yes, as the other poster mentioned, including a GPS on this unit is like including a speedometer on a moped. Trying to piggyback off that duck shows success with, at best, a beginners unit. Not bad for a kid or someone just entering the hobby, but, I run with a Minelab & 1021 CZ...nuff said, lol. Found it hilarious though, how those guys are promoting the heck out of the thing. GREAT marketing, dorky machine.