Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Need Info on JW Fisher Unit...

Posted by njnydigger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Need Info on JW Fisher Unit...
July 09, 2013 11:33PM
Anyone here ever try the Pulse 8X by JW Fisher? I was reading some specs, reviews & watching some videos, and it seems like a great beach machine. Just looking for opinions as I might pick one up for my beach hunting, but, what are the advantages of this unit over say, an Excal, Sov or CZ21? Is the JW's 'edge' in dealing with black sand/mineralization due to it being a pulse? Can't a CZ or Excal handle mineralization just as well?

Joe
Re: Need Info on JW Fisher Unit...
July 09, 2013 11:55PM
You need to know its a pulse unit.....

It has no disc not even pulse delay....

It cant ground bal like a modern pulse machine...

It is designed to work 200 ft deep shipwreks...first and foremost...

There Heavy...Yes I have had one on loan....You can hip mount...but then you risk breaking the cable...

In my opinion is a Profesional treasurte salvor machine for deep water artifact recovery in salt water...

built very rigid and strong for the pupose of using it for a living under the sea..

Seems weak on small gold also...

pretty pricey...I would like to use a Infinium P.i. on the beach myself I think it would work better unless you like to dig it all.. or try and find the eric foster P.I. models...

Just my take but mind you I am not a beach hunter...But I do like to use P.I.'s

they have a Niche following.

Keith
July 10, 2013 02:47AM
Minelab Excal or CZ would be a better choice in most scenarios. . . . . which both will handle wet salt with mild/medium mineralization. If you have wet salt with heavy mineralization....... you will need a P.I.
July 10, 2013 01:39PM
On most saltwater environment situations Tom called the two top units but some areas with high black sand only thing that will work is a PI units but be prepared to dig as even at depths they will pick up a bobbi pin and all the rest of the junk...just speaking of PI units in general as never used the unit in question.
July 10, 2013 04:42PM
Thanks for the info, guys! Yes, I know it being a PI unit, there's no discrim, just wondering if it was better handling black sand scenarios better than an Excal or CZ. I'm not going to be using it for diving (which I know it's mainly used for), only beach hunting in the wet & maybe waist deep. Yeah, based on the feedback, I'll probably go Sand Shark if I opt for a PI, and just stick with my CZ21 for my discrim unit, as its a beast. Reason I asked about the JW is, we have a couple of beaches with bad black sand issues & thought it would help, but, looks like the negatives outweigh the positives. Thanks again!

Joe