Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

6X8 SEF coil test

Posted by Coinseeker 78 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
6X8 SEF coil test
July 16, 2013 02:05AM
I got my new 6X8 SEF coil in the mail Friday and put it on the Explorer for a checkout, I went to the neighbors yard which I have detected to death with 3 different detectors. It seemed like I was in virgin territory. I found 6 coins in only one section of the front yard and 2 of them were Wheaties. Today I went to an old site with my hunting partner. I found a honey hole of heavy thick walled copper. I spent at least two hours sweeping and digging. I ended up with over 4 pounds of copper. I hunted about another hour and found two Wheaties here also. I think I have a winner here. We are going back tomorrow
Re: 6X8 SEF coil test
July 16, 2013 02:21AM
The SEF coils are not your typical DD coil's by a long shot...

very good engineering went into them..

Take alook at my SEF 8x6 DD going against the Whites 5x10 DD on the MXT...you would think they would be close.. yet notice the advantage of the SEF....

you would think the whites coil would be superior in every way over a aftermarket coil yet thts not the case..

The newer Style DDs coming to market from NEL and SEF and Garrett even is making an impact...I believe the technology was nabbed off the Bi-Axial from TEK...Still consider that one of the best high performance coils ever built...Dave Johnson ought to be proud to have designed such a revolutionary coil...

A coil can make or break a machine...Dont dismiss a machine untill all avenues are explored.especially coil's...

heres the test.

[www.youtube.com]
July 16, 2013 02:22AM
Hi CS 78, I got the 6x8 SEF coil for my MXT and can,t belive how well it works. I was thinking about getting a bigger SEF coil for open fields. Thanks for the post, first i though it might just be me, now i know it,s not. Flintstone
July 16, 2013 03:09PM
I have yet to hear anything bad about the SEF coils. I know a lot of Minelab and Whites guys are impressed with them. I almost bought the 6x8 sef for the Etrac but decided I wanted a smaller coil, so I went with the 4.5x7 Exc. I have been impressed with it too. You may end up using that 6x8 more then the stock coil.
GL
HH
July 16, 2013 03:41PM
Quote:"The Tek Bi-axial coil...Dave Johnson ought to be proud to have designed such a revolutionary coil... "
What intrigues me is that the 15 inch Fisher DD coil, and (so it appears) the 5 inch DD, do not use the Bi-axial shape. I'm sure there are reasons - the 15 incher is intended to give coverage, and other aspects are less important, so a more common shape could suffice. Maybe the 5 incher gives good enough seperation due to it's small size, and a bi-axial shape would add nothing extra. Filling out the round (already existing) housing with conventional DD shape coils would maximise the depth.
July 17, 2013 12:29AM
I had a 6 x 8 sef on my safari, and liked it. I purchased an explorer with a whole box of coils, and put them to the test. In my test garden , in my red clay soil, the 8" minelab coil responded much better than the 6 x 8. I was surprised by the difference. Maybe the 6 x 8 was not up to par? Or my soil had something to do with it? I also compared the 5" sunray coil, and the 6" excellerator, and the 5" got better depth than the 6". ????? . You just never know in your soil whats going to work better, until you try them all head to head. My results surprised me. Kinda went against what I thought would happen.
July 17, 2013 02:32PM
Keith:

Your YouTube video on the 6X8 SEF DD Coil vs the White's 6X10 Eclipse DD coil was enough to make me buy one for my MXT Pro. I was so impressed with it compared to the 6X10 Eclipse that I also bought a 10X12 SEF DD Coil and it is more impressive than any of the White's coils for the MXT. Target separation is astounding for a 12" coil and is on par with the 11" Bi-Axial coil on my F75 SE.

Thanks for your reviews and videos.

Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The SEF coils are not your typical DD coil's by a
> long shot...
>
> very good engineering went into them..
>
> Take alook at my SEF 8x6 DD going against the
> Whites 5x10 DD on the MXT...you would think they
> would be close.. yet notice the advantage of the
> SEF....
>
> you would think the whites coil would be superior
> in every way over a aftermarket coil yet thts not
> the case..
>
> The newer Style DDs coming to market from NEL and
> SEF and Garrett even is making an impact...I
> believe the technology was nabbed off the Bi-Axial
> from TEK...Still consider that one of the best
> high performance coils ever built...Dave Johnson
> ought to be proud to have designed such a
> revolutionary coil...
>
> A coil can make or break a machine...Dont dismiss
> a machine untill all avenues are
> explored.especially coil's...
>
> heres the test.
>
> [www.youtube.com]

Alan - Retired in Omak, WA
July 17, 2013 09:47PM
Thanks Alan..Glad you got something out of the video...

And yes sad to say the S.E.F.'s seem to out perform whites own design...

Just goes to show how much can be done with better coil design's...I thik Garrett Knows this ...Hope Whites gets on board And Maybe tesoro?

The Nel ? coils Deeptech are using are better in my opinion than their own desing ...

Keith