Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Coin Signals On SE PRO

Posted by Coinseeker 78 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Coin Signals On SE PRO
July 20, 2013 05:26PM
I have a very perplexing signal with my Explorer SE Pro. Many times I will get a fair to good coin signal in both directions that shifts from coin to iron and back and forth. I end up digging a nail at deeper depths. I am using my 8X6 SEF coil with 22 Disc in 32 Auto sensitivity setting. Why would a two way signal not be a coin in this situation? It is a good high signal. This has happened with my stock coil also.
Re: Coin Signals On SE PRO
July 20, 2013 07:57PM
Put your variability at 8....and you should be able to distinguish the harsh shrill of iron from a coin. Heres what you do get a dime and quarter and run in under the coil until the sound is ingrained in your brain..Most good Explorer users usually will be stopped in their tracks by a silver dime or quarter using conductive and most hunt by sound and then check the conduct number and cursor movement as a double check...heres some cursor screens for an XS that are comparable to your unit... [www.frontiernet.net]
Hope this helps and the next time you dig iron do remember the above for future reference...as far as cursor movement...
Do a google check on Mike Mountray metal detector as he gives a lot of info...
Re: Coin Signals On SE PRO
July 21, 2013 12:03AM
Thanks for your advise!!! I will use it to help solve this problem.