Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

First Month with E-Trac

Posted by ShovelNose 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
First Month with E-Trac
July 26, 2013 02:04AM
Had a good first month with the ET. Used TTF to recover all the finds except the 10k ladies ring(10-10 Conductive). Lawnmower put a break in the band which would explain the TID I had it for 3 days and it developed a problem with the arrow keys but before I sent it off I got the man's wedding band {11.4Grams 12-22} in a iron filled park where a mill had been. The coins came from various yards with mill homes from the early 1900's. I have had a Safari for 3 years so not much of a learning curve. Stepped up to the ET for the TTF feature and it has paid off. The broach with the lady on it is a little strange. the part on the left was located underneath it when new but has been twisted around. Afraid to but it back in correct position because it will break off. Pin was on the back but fell off in my hands. Don't know much about the cloverleaf S.C. medallion Thanks for looking

Re: First Month with E-Trac
July 26, 2013 03:21AM
Nice digs!
July 26, 2013 10:55AM
What discrimination do you use using TFF?
July 26, 2013 12:22PM
I set it up with the relic pattern that comes with the unit and change the settings that Goes4ever recommends on his site. Google it and you can get the changes there. TTF is noisy but I am using a 6x8 sef and a 4.5x7 Excelerator coil and work the areas with iron slower than I normally would with conductive. Just realize your not going to cover a lot of territory like this.
July 27, 2013 05:20PM
Finding 2 park-found gold jewelry pieces in your 1st month is impressive.

It took me nearly 4 months to find my 1st gold.

I’m sure you’re pleased with your first month, because I sure would have been with 2 gold finds.

Congrats on your gold and silver finds.

Detecting since Feb, 2010
E-trac with 18"x15" SEF, 13" Ultimate coil, Pro coil, Minelab 8" coil, 4.5"x7" SEF, Sunray target probe
CTX3030 with 17"x13" DD coil, 11" DD coil
July 28, 2013 12:07PM
Learn the Etrac and it will serve you well.
Congrats on the finds