Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

too much time

Posted by Lawrenzo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
too much time
August 04, 2013 03:08AM
Too much time on my hands till I get better and can return to detecting. Started to look at all of the machines out there and found they all are good at somethings but not at all things. The euro units are kind of cool but all are different. The deus seems like it has everything but on you tube you can see it has its problems. The deep tech and the blistool look like they are nice but the videos show mixed reviews as I am sure you would find that with any machine. Tom still is a F75 fan I guess that is his number one machine?

So it seems like some of us are waiting for fisher to come out with what ever and we once again will see what it can or can't do and if it can do anything different. I know it is not all about depth but I know there has to be a lot of hunted out sights where there may just be deeper targets hiding and we can't seem to find them with what we have on the market now.

Oh well lots of time to kill still want to see if there is anything out there that is almost the next step in our hobby. Do most of you like TID or it is not a big deal.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Re: too much time
August 04, 2013 10:39AM
I believe Tom leans towards the GMP these days, but that's a guess.
August 04, 2013 12:59PM
Many nice pricey units have come along now if only the guys would hold onto them and learn them perhaps we could get some more precise input..
Seems like we all have our favorites and of course what works in your neck of the woods may not in mine and vice versa...
Bad year all around for me as seems meds have slowed me down but hope for a productive fall so sticking with what I know works for me...
August 04, 2013 12:59PM
If you have not run one of Tom's calibrated CZ-3Ds, then that is your next detector.
August 04, 2013 02:49PM
In all honesty i have been wanting to try out an Xterra 705 and the GMP. I have had an etrac, deus and a G2 besides my current set of AT's. In my soil, the AT's outperformed them all. If only i could get Garrett to somehow enlighten us for more depth. Thats my only complaint. My Wifes AT Pro and my AT Gold just isnt all that much of a depth detector.
August 04, 2013 04:24PM
Tom did work on my CZ3 a few years ago but in the gold country with all of the iron it had a hard time...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
August 06, 2013 03:05AM
Hey Tim...If you have the DEUS and use the GMP program you wont see a whole lot of difference...theres some but not alot...the GMP is a little more sparky more aligned to the 18khz...But if you have a DEUS already I would not worry much about the GMP unless you are down to spliting hairs in iron....

But if you did not have a DEUS and strictly worked iron to death then the GMP would be as good or a smudge better for unmasking for less initial outlay money..

Just my take..

Also have you looked into the overseas coils for the AT's...seem they have bigger options.. maybe they can add some depth,,,I know around here the AT's cut off about 9-10 inches on the deepies...

Not sure why Garrett has not offered a larger than stock coil...the design they have would adhere well to a larger coil and still retain sens to smaller coin size objects I believe..

We are in exciting times right now in coil design...Theres some nice coils being made that still are sensitive and deep too and handle mineral very well!

I am a DD Junkie LOL!!

Keith
August 06, 2013 02:32PM
Garrett adjusted the AT Pro sensitivity so it really can't be over driven. At least in my dirt anyways. I can run full sensitivity almost all the time. And I wish I had some more. Many times during a hunt I hear myself talking like Mr. Scott. "I'm giving it all she got Captain".

Like I said in other posts the ability to hunt iron is more important than depth to me. And I think the AT Pro does very well in the iron. From what I have read on other forums the third party coils don't offer any more depth than the big stock coil. And they have a little less stability.

I have never used the AT Gold, but I would think the true all metal would offer more depth. I think I remember Keith doing a comparison on it.

As far as future releases go I am also looking forward to Fisher's new detector. When ever that may be. Also White's new Pin Pointer. At least there are rumores about it. I am still waiting on a Pin Pointer that is worth my money. Then there is the waterproof TDI.

I have said it before all we need is a Multi frequency AT Pro with more depth. Then all those beach detectors in my closet would be gone. Garrett seems to wrapped up in the current AT Pro / Gold to offer anything new. I bet we are a few years from anything from them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2013 02:39PM by goodmore.
August 06, 2013 04:15PM
The first Garrett AT PRO's before they fixed the coil falsing were extremely deep...I niced it right off the bat after they fixed the coil noise the machine lost depth...

dont know what they did but it was noticable...but it ran a heck of alot better....

You could not run the first ones at wide open sens...they would overdrive for the most part....

I remeber digging some ball buttons in a spot that were probably a foot deep...and they were the small variety....still remember that day and have not dig anythign that deep with an AT since....

Keith
August 06, 2013 08:24PM
I too remember my First AT Pro. Air tested at around 14 inches or something. It was crazy. It was extremely deep. My current AT's dont even come close to my first. However my Gold is a tad bit deeper than my wifes Pro. But think of what Garrett could accomplish with their next detector considering how great the AT's are.