Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I just want to say that the people on this forum are the Salt of the Earth

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I just want to say that the people on this forum are the Salt of the Earth
August 14, 2013 03:31AM
I have never met a nicer bunch of people Actually I have never met non of yall....But the saying still holds true...

I recieved a gift today from a member here on the forum that I really do not deserve and I feel humbled to recieve such a gift and not worthy of it at the same time...

I dont want to put the guy on the spot who sent it...If He want his identity Known he can respond If not thats fine...But I am very honered to have it...

And to the other people who have sent me or offered to let let me use their equipment I am also in deep gratitude to you all...

and To Mr. Dankowski for having this forum for us to use and exchange thoughts and also for the test object He gave me over a year ago,, again to Him I am in debted...

And also anyone else who has helped me out with information and the like thank yall Too...

Again I feel honored to be blessed with my detecting cyber buddy's...

I wish we all could get together one day for a organized or even disorganized hunt of some sort..It would be great to meet up and put names and faces together..

Keith
Re: I just want to say that the people on this forum are the Salt of the Earth
August 14, 2013 04:00AM
I hear ya Keith and second the motion!

HH all
August 14, 2013 04:37AM
Right on bud!
August 14, 2013 05:52AM
Back at ya, Keith. You're a credit to the hobby, and the knowledge you share is extensive.

As someone who very much appreciates your detector reviews, I'm sure glad you get a hankering to use pretty much every new machine that comes out!
August 14, 2013 09:57AM
Cheers to ya!
August 14, 2013 02:04PM
Same to you Keith! I'm mostly a Lurker but I always look forward to your posts very informative, thought -provoking and interesting. Cheers to you!
August 14, 2013 03:37PM
Shucks what can I say..

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
August 14, 2013 07:48PM
Thanks to you too for your limitless information of detectors past and present!
Keith, nice post. Tom has created the most informative detecting site on the net and your ongoing tests on so many detectors are a constant source of information which I and many others enjoy and look forward to. Thanks for all the time and effort you put into this site. You are a big part of what makes it what it is.
August 14, 2013 08:43PM
Thanks for all the great info here Keith. You are sort of a "Grandpa" regarding detecting to many of us here, and I don't mean age wise ;-)

Man, I'd love to get out of Germany for a few weeks, but I need coins not relics. eheheehh, someday soon I hope.

Sharing really has helped to take things further,
Albert
August 14, 2013 08:56PM
Best source for honest opinions on the net.
August 14, 2013 09:46PM
Keith thanks for all the never ending educational detecting you do to share with us, one of the best in my book!
August 14, 2013 10:07PM
back at ya kieth!!!! an forum hunt in cocoa beach would be fun!!

chuck
August 14, 2013 11:12PM
I think we all agree Keith that you are a major contributor to this great forum. Your studies and reviews of all things detecting and history is priceless. You sir, are a monarch and ambassador to this hobby.
August 14, 2013 11:18PM
This is a great forum and you are a major part of it. You sure do keep us abreast of new detectors. Thank you! HH jim tn
August 15, 2013 12:00AM
Keith, what goes around , comes around, you are one of the nices people one the forums
August 15, 2013 12:46AM
This is a great forum, and Keith I agree with all the others when they said how fortunate we are to have you around, you are a wealth of knowledge and an all around great guy. Thanks to the Tom and the forum, and also thanks to Keith and the rest of all you fine members of the forum.
August 15, 2013 03:32AM
Hey Keith, you my friend are so very generous, and so helpful. I feel very fortunate to know you here. Thanks for all you do, Steve
August 15, 2013 03:41AM
Keith.....you have costed me a great deal of money. But I LOVE ya for it!!!! I have never been disappointed after buying a unit after reading your reports and watching your vids. You can be relied on. That is a vastly HUGE quality!!!! I am always watching for new posts from you. Keith.....you have taught me a GREAT deal. I mean.....a LARGE percentage. And Tom Dankowski has also taught me a huge amount!!!!! As well as all of the regulars here. I don't wann take anything away from anyone here. No...not at all. Most everyone contributes good info and WITH A GOOD HEART!!!!!! But this is a Keith Southern thread and I am focusing on Keith Southern and his humongous contribution to this FINE sport. By the way....I'm back in. I'll start with an AT Pro with extra coil.....(yes....my fifth one of these but whose counting.......I guess I am...lol)
THANKS KEITH SOUTHERN!!!!! It has been MY pleasure to become acquainted with you sir!!!!! And I mean every word of this from the very bottom of my heart....to the tip top. Keep on keeping on.
August 15, 2013 05:11PM
This forum is a wonderful example of both quality over quantity, ie many places have lots more posts, but no place has better ones (IMHO) AND it is a reflection of the class of the heart and soul of NASA Tom. His priorities and dedication to the furthering of MDing and unwavering integrity to not bow to marketing pressures from any company, but say it like it is- letting the chips fall straight down without any drift have made this the BEST place for those who really care for MDing and want to better their skills and knowledge.
Oh I know there are many, many others who contribute (Keith not the least!) and they ARE the forum, but it is the big guy who is at the center of it! Again just MHO.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2013 05:53PM by Pasttom.
August 15, 2013 11:14PM
Well thanks for all the Kind words fellas..and again you all are some real nice guys ...

I was wanting to thank others and yall turned around and thanked me again...

I will say this though detectorist as a whole are some of the most generous and down to earth people you will encounter...

But yes let's thank Tom for the Forum ...

not alot of DETECTING Forums allow such open talks!

Freedom is speech is paramount...

Keith
August 16, 2013 06:15AM
Keith --

Nothing more I can add, except that you are one fine gentleman and your presence is much appreciated here!

Steve
August 16, 2013 12:27PM
The Good book says.........YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW... Keith you are sowing the good stuff.....you are harvesting some good stuff! Thanks to you, Tom, and others for all the generous sharing.
August 18, 2013 02:08AM
Thanks again and glad to Be able to call you my cyber friends...

Keith