Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

AT Gold Set-up...

Posted by njnydigger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
AT Gold Set-up...
August 29, 2013 04:34AM
Guys, my new AT Gold should be here any day now. I'm excited about this one smiling smiley Question...

I normally prefer to run my detector in all metal (if possible) for added depth, to hear what's in the ground, and to avoid nulling on my Safari. So, I'd prefer to run in all metal on the Gold, too, but...

Instead of constantly switching the Iron Audio button on & off each time I get a signal (which would be a lot), can't I just keep the Iron Audio feature on throughout my hunt? Also...

What would be a good iron discrimination setting/number to go with? I'm after old coins (coppers, silver, etc., mainly). Finally...

Why would anyone use the discrim mode if the Iron Audio feature is so useful? You lose depth in discrim. By going all metal with the Iron Audio button in play, is that not a use of discrimination, too? Without losing depth!

Insight please smiling smiley

Joe
Re: AT Gold Set-up...
August 29, 2013 06:26AM
Iron disc can range from 28-32....just according to the type nails you are in...

Now the iron I.D. feature you talk of in the all metal mode is limited depth I.D.

the iron i.d. works on the more shallow targets but once the iron gets int he ground a bit it does not work...

it's made like this to help on the small surface nails but also keep's you from missing deeper smaller nuggets by not being to aggresive..

Keiht
August 29, 2013 03:27PM
You can set it up with a disc of 28-32 to gett nuggits remember that if you hit iron and a nugget it may give you an ID of both targets and that could be a lower number then you would want. I leave iron audio on so I can hear the iron and when a clean tone comes in and I can slow down and find it I dig it

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
August 29, 2013 08:25PM
I run iron audio on all the time in disc1 and just listen for the mid and high tones to ring through the headphones. The all metal mode is a bit deeper but it don't have the tones and I am one who loves to hear the tones. This fall for relic hunting I plan on using all-metal and the visual target id so I know I'm getting max depth.
August 29, 2013 08:32PM
The iron audio does work in all metal Morgan...

its just for the clser to the coil targets though...once it gets aways from the iron audio stops...

good for surface nails...

Keith
August 29, 2013 08:38PM
Thanks for the info Keith I didn't know that as I have not used All Metal at all! Other than in my test garden. Wow that makes me look even more forward to trying it out on relics.
August 29, 2013 10:17PM
Hmmmmm, so by going all metal while using the iron audio continuously, Keith, I'll get more depth, but, the iron audio will only be revealing the SHALLOW iron, deeper iron will give off a high tone then - meaning, falsing, or just won't be heard?

Joe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2013 10:18PM by njnydigger.
August 30, 2013 12:25AM
Joe you will have to rely up on your target id I am guessing on the deeper iron.