Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Scored a Silver, a Ring, and a Token Today :-)

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Scored a Silver, a Ring, and a Token Today :-)
September 02, 2013 01:22AM
Hey all

Deus scored a few goods in an old park today - nothing of historical value but better than a stick in the eye (or the dreaded pile of clad and not much else)!

1962 Washington - copper schoolgirl ring, and a "heads/tails" token :-)

HH

Re: Scored a Silver, a Ring, and a Token Today :-)
September 02, 2013 01:32AM
So with the deus...how would you compare it to explorers or etracs as far as coinshooting?
September 02, 2013 02:18AM
She's got an AMAZING pair of "tails" smiling smiley

Joe
September 02, 2013 02:49AM
Nice. Looks like u had a better day than I. Ended up with 2 flat buttons and a 2 piece cuff. You better report that cap gun side cover. They've been outlawed since 2012.
September 02, 2013 03:41AM
deathray Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So with the deus...how would you compare it to
> explorers or etracs as far as coinshooting?

So far Ray I have to say the Etrac is still a top dog for coin shooting but you're talking about 2 completely different machines by far and I've only got maybe 15 hrs in on the Deus so far.

I have only been out playing around with the Deus trying to get use to it before putting it to the real test come fall when the fields open up and I start hunting the heavy iron again

I did manage an 1892 Indian Head yesterday at an old 1860s house with some scattered iron in the side yard - that's where this machine just kills it - it's at home in the iron! It's almost too easy ---- instead of running away from iron like we did 5 yrs or so back and beyond - I almost don't even like to hunt in clean ground anymore - it's boring listening to nothing but a hit on the machine every once in awhile VS listening to a machine gun pinging of iron at rocket speed in an 1830s - 1860s/70s site and then WHAM - you get that high/er tone in the mix of it all and you just know it's almost guaranteed to be something really good!

I think the Deus can be set up to be a good coin shooter by switching freq. to a lower setting (like 8 or 12) and setting the tones from iron in 1 range, foil/tin in another, brass/nickel/gold in another and everything else at the highest tone but I haven't played much with that yet - I've been playing around with the GMax Power program and Deus fast and Basic for the most part with a few tweaks here & there.

I have the Etrac for my coin shooter and depth monster --- the Deus is my iron sifter (for relics/coins/buttons/etc.) but you don't need to set all those tones like you do for coin shooting when hunting in heavy iron -- all you need is like a low, med, and high tone -- set a break for nails (same as on the gold bug or AT Pro) and dig when it's anything but the iron tone! It's the speed this thing works at that is truly amazing! Not to mention the separation/unmasking abilities and being totally wireless too ;-)

Will update this topic as time goes on though

HH

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2013 04:01AM by MichiganRelicHunter.
September 02, 2013 04:36AM
njnydigger Wrote:
> She's got an AMAZING pair of "tails" smiling smiley
>
> Joe

LOL

Agreed!
September 02, 2013 09:52AM
Joe, I think it's heads showing....MRH, can you flip it over so we can see the tail? Heads you win, tails you win. Neat find.
September 02, 2013 03:14PM
ozzie Wrote:
> Joe, I think it's heads showing....MRH, can you
> flip it over so we can see the tail? Heads you
> win, tails you win. Neat find.

Here ya go Ozzie but I think her front is better looking!

September 02, 2013 07:14PM
In good shape.
Sweet
September 02, 2013 08:23PM
Any time you get past that 1965 barrier it's a good hunt it's a good hunt in my book!