Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Any input on a Teknetics G2

Posted by Dan-Pa. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Any input on a Teknetics G2
September 10, 2013 02:26PM
Realize its a gold nugget unit but has anyone ever used for coins and relics...Appreciate input on pro's and cons.....thanks, Dan
Re: Any input on a Teknetics G2
September 10, 2013 03:33PM
I tested it for Mike Scott from Tek. I use it only for relic hunting it is very very fast and good depth does well in iron is light and has three coils you can get. I still use it may even sell it because I have two.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
September 10, 2013 03:47PM
Lowboy honestly is that 11 inch DD coil a rusty bottlecap magnet????
September 10, 2013 04:50PM
The 11" (or any coil) on the G2/Gold Bug DP/Pro doesn't make much difference for ID'ing

you can always tell a bottle cap (especially a rusty one) from a coin because of the VID readout and sound

the #s are pretty accurate and caps have a hollow sound to them on the G2

The better coil is the elliptical 5x10 for separation in trashy areas and/or iron infested sites.

The machines are Fast and precise... I just sold mine but didn't want to --- I had to make up for the cost of the Deus.

I wouldn't hesitate to purchase another in the future - they're great little machines.
September 10, 2013 05:43PM
Dan, I use the gb pro. I have 5detectors right now, and that's the one I won't part with. Most accurate I.d. I've ever used, besides sovereign. Fast, fun. Very lightweight& very simple. Love it. I use the 5x10 and little puck coil.
September 10, 2013 08:10PM
Loved the GB Pro, but it did sing on every bottle cap I hit, rusty or not, like it ws a great target. I never could pick up any kind of sound difference to alert me that ti was a bottlecap.
September 10, 2013 08:29PM
I can get some beautiful looking IDs from bottle caps, but if I want to check before I dig a few quick sweeps and the ID bounces maybe 20 points or more. I've not ever seen that with a good target.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2013 08:30PM by Pasttom.
September 10, 2013 09:49PM
What pastom said. Most the time the numbers will bounce with caps . I rarely do parks, but in gold camps there's small pieces of rusty tin that do the same thing. I have used it in the ghetto to hit the strip by the sidewalk..pulled barber dimes at 5inches using the small coil..they ided correctly.
September 10, 2013 10:01PM
The G2 is a light weight machine and does pretty good on coins Dan but with some time on the machine you will be able to differentiate a rusty bottle cap from a coin by ID and the tones they produce when I had mine I would always do a 360 around a target and if it sounded broken at any point I wouldn't dig it. If your looking for a park machine without extreme depth look at a Golden Umax their great for that minus target ID. I know your a CZ user and if you like tones a Golden Umax may be for you. Another machine I would recommend would be a AT-Pro or Gold their not depth monsters but have great audio features and work great in iron and rusty bottle caps.
September 10, 2013 10:56PM
Nice machine for sure...Not alot of depth...still not convinced the Ground bal works in disc mode...but it has adequate depth in bad dirt all the same.. the strong point is low conductors in iron environ's....

I like to compliment the G2 with a proper running late model Omega...they both share the same coil's and thats handy...

heres what I see...the G2 is quite and abe to be ran in EMI prone areas that shut othe machine's down...fast recovery fair depth stable I.D. unmask very very well in iron...Light weight very ergonomic handle....

if you opt for the 2 detector package like omega/G2 combo they still will not outdo a T2 s.e. in the field for depth or separation...even with the ability ot break the tone on the G2 is still wont get objects out of iron like the T2 will...

but I know you diod not ask about an t2 or an omega but i am trying to paint a picture for you...

if I was buying a new G2 I would buy a nice used T2 if that makes sense for money value...

if I want a bunch of machines the G2 has a niche...

Keith
September 11, 2013 12:31AM
well said Keith. The G2 is a very specific machine for a very specific task and thats it. Heavy iron separation. Omega I think is more all around general MD. T2 is for the deep stuff and is a button magnet.
September 11, 2013 02:50AM
Wow, I really don't agree with that assesment fsdigital, lol. I really find it to be a great all arounder, and I have found more nuggets with it than any gmt, lobo or mxt I have owned. The I.d. is so accurate, how can it not be a good coinshooter, or use it like the mxt/m6 for rings.
September 11, 2013 05:07AM
This is a great place to ask that question as there are so many specialized hunters aboard that you will get a wide aspect of opinions.
I agree with Deathray yes it is a gold machine first but it lends itself well for other uses once you get to know it. Multi purpose, I dig very few caps with it any more and when I do its because I was lazy and didnt sweep both ways or its a corona for some reason that's the one that gets me still. It is a gold magnet in the parks and as stated the Id is great. Its my preferred Jewelry hunter at the moment.
But if the SST had the same VDI I would never look back at the G2. It handles black sand and hot ground way better. My G2 will overload on a pulltab just under the surface, it even has done it on nickels.
September 11, 2013 05:26AM
here is toms test results, comments and review of the g2 , its mixed in with the f75 ltd thread............[www.dankowskidetectors.com]

chuck.
September 11, 2013 06:04AM
It was a tough decision but I just sold my F75 SE and kept the Gold Bug Pro (G2). The reason, plain and simple - EMI. The Gold Bug Pro/G2 works anywhere, and my F75 was a real bummer to use in urban areas, if I could use it at all. I finally decided to go with what I could use anywhere without pulling my hair out.

Great little unit. Paid for mine again in gold this summer.
September 11, 2013 12:07PM
Thanks for the input guys as I appreciate it .....Dan
September 11, 2013 03:53PM
Being 19khz it hits harder on lower conductors then higher conductors, will it find silver, sure, but will it find deeper silver might be a challenge. Gold and buttons certainly better.

Could it be an all around machine, absolutely, but an F75 or a T2 might hit a silver dime at 10 inches and the G2 might not hit it.

I also hear it does pretty well in the wet sand believe it or not.

For me, the machine has 3 purposes, heavy iron, light beach and gold/buttons. But it does those tasks pretty well.

If I had this as my only machine, I would worry I'm missing some deeper targets....

But it's a great site machine and a good backup and excellent at cellars/foundations where depth isn't always a concern.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2013 03:53PM by fsdigital12.
September 12, 2013 12:05AM
For what it's worth...I have a Gold Bug Pro, and I have the 11" DD coil (which makes it the same unit as the G2).

With it, I can hit 10" silver coins -- dimes and quarters -- in my test garden with an equal (somewhat iffy depending on soil moisture) "diggability" as I can when running my Explorer SE Pro over the same coins, and that's no exaggeration. This machine is not a slouch, depth-wise. I'm not saying it's T2SE or F-75 SE/LTD deep, but it is NOT a slouch.

I find it to be a very nice "all-around" machine; my only wish is that you could assign a third tone/tone break...grunt for iron, set at the level you choose, mid-tone for the range of tones you choose, and then a high-tone for high conductors, set where you want it. Otherwise, it's a pretty neat little machine...

Steve
September 12, 2013 12:22AM

... my only wish is that you could assign a third tone/tone break...grunt for iron, set at the level you choose, mid-tone for the range of tones you choose, and then a high-tone for high conductors, set where you want it.

you mean like the CTX-3030 or E-Trac winking smiley
September 12, 2013 01:07AM
Except the price Johnny, lol.
September 12, 2013 01:34AM
Johnnyanglo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ... my only wish is that you could assign a third
> tone/tone break...grunt for iron, set at the level
> you choose, mid-tone for the range of tones you
> choose, and then a high-tone for high conductors,
> set where you want it.
>
> you mean like the CTX-3030 or E-Trac winking smiley

Those 2 and the XP Deus :-)
September 13, 2013 01:51AM
The G2 with 13" Ultimate coil is the best combo I have ever had hands down. The people I hunt with are believers too!
September 13, 2013 02:06AM
Sekypaleo...can you go into some detail on the 13"?
September 13, 2013 02:35AM
sekypaleo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The G2 with 13" Ultimate coil is the best combo I
> have ever had hands down. The people I hunt with
> are believers too!

I'm using the 13" ultimate on my E-Trac now too and I'm loving that coil :-)

I pulled a tiny nut to a bolt the other day deeper than the pro pointer is long and those are 10" - it was ringing up like a deep coin but I could not believe that coil hit something that small at that depth (size = 1/8th in. diameter)!

Also dug some deep junk jewelry pieces, a buffalo, 1909 wheat, and a 1937 Czechoslovak coin all 10 to 12 inches deep at the same site with the coil :-)

I'm sure it will hit coins deeper but I just haven't come across any beyond 12" deep yet - only been using it for like a week or so (2 or 3 hunts).

Would like to hear more on how it works on the G2 though...
September 14, 2013 12:12PM
I found the most buttons this year using the G2 ultimate coil combo than ever before. Great depth great around emi. I use the T2se with the 15"/12" SEF coil & the G2 13" as my relic hunting machines. Perfect for all situations on land. HH TIM
September 15, 2013 12:02PM
I love the Gold Bug ProI use the 6X9 coil you can see the 1944 war quarter I dug at about 7 inches. it was on its side, you can see it briefley in the video.
[www.youtube.com]