Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Finally got a Barber.

Posted by Coinseeker 78 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Finally got a Barber.
September 22, 2013 02:11AM
My wife and I went to Wisconsin for a little vacation and I took my SE PRO along. I got a chance to detect a Rural Equipment museum sight that had a fairly large area of ground. I was using my 6x8 SEF coil and was finding a bunch of clad and one Wheatie. I decided to change my coil to my 10x12 SEF to cover more ground since time was running short. Lo and behold I found another Wheatie and then at 8 inches a 1906 Barber dime. I have found tons of old coins from Indian heads to shield nickels and 2 cent pieces, V nickels and seated ladies. But the Barbers were alluding me. Needless to say I am one happy camper.
Re: Finally got a Barber.
September 22, 2013 02:17AM
Congratulations on your first barber!
September 22, 2013 04:23AM
Congrats on your first Barber and hope you find many more.
September 22, 2013 11:17AM
Congratulations! Sounds like from all the other great finds you certainly desire more Barbers in the future. The only Barber I've seen lately is the one who cuts my hair! smiling smiley
September 22, 2013 01:14PM
Nice part of hobby always a first....I hope its a good sign and more will fall in your pouch. Still remember my first barber dime many years ago from the middle of a recent built park. Must have been brought in by fill dirt or who knows what was in the area 100 years ago...
September 24, 2013 10:22PM
The second silver coin I ever found was a shallow 1898 Barber dime near an outcropping.

It’s hard to imagine finding seated liberty coins, shield nickels, and 2 cent pieces, but no Barbers.

Congrats on your first Barber.

Detecting since Feb, 2010
E-trac with 18"x15" SEF, 13" Ultimate coil, Pro coil, Minelab 8" coil, 4.5"x7" SEF, Sunray target probe
CTX3030 with 17"x13" DD coil, 11" DD coil
September 28, 2013 12:59PM
Congrats on your first Barber.
September 30, 2013 11:01PM
Barber's are a very beautiful coin, congrats
October 01, 2013 12:00PM
I've still not found one either. I can't figure out why. I've dug seated, mercs, and rosie's but not a barber. Go figure.
October 01, 2013 02:15PM
Congrats on the Barber -- your first!

Steve
October 01, 2013 10:17PM
Happy for ya coinseeker. ..keep it up.! I just started back in the hobby 2 wks ago after a 30 +year absence. and finally found my 1st silver this round...2 Barbers! I know the feeling! HH
October 04, 2013 12:37PM
Congratulations on the first Barber. I just got into detecting at the end of last summer. There are alot of old coins I haven't found yet and a Barber is one of them.
October 04, 2013 11:57PM
I've found alot of silvers and some old copper but have yet to find a barber. My son found one last year though. Congrats Paul