Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Debated over talking about what I have seen with the T2 S.E. regarding E.M.I.

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: Debated over talking about what I have seen with the T2 S.E. regarding E.M.I.
October 04, 2013 06:09AM
Definitely a good read. I have an F 75 ltd/se and have been very impressed with its capabilities. I'm still learning the difference between true emi and ground with this detector, but as I keep telling Wayne, that 5"coil turns it into a whole different animal. I can run 99 sens. in boost with very little emi issues in all but the worst places. Not bad considering I've pulled .22 cal. Short casings at an honest 7" in that configuration, coins even deeper. The 11dd coil does pick up some chatter, but having the option to either turn down the sens. a little, or running in de mode is always there and quiets it down nicely. My issue is that i like to run it hot, and that can get me into trouble (via audio fatigue) when running in higher emi areas. This is the only 75 I have ever used, so i cannot comment as to it being more stable than any others, but i was told that it was sent in to Fisher recently for a check up and tweak. I think the T2/F75s are greatly underrated due to their emi rep. I hate to say it, but if Fisher ever does come out with a new detector with a similar hyper platform that solidly addresses the emi concern, everyone will own one! :-)
Re: Debated over talking about what I have seen with the T2 S.E. regarding E.M.I.
October 04, 2013 01:02PM
Keith,

If you are encountering more chatter at Sens '88' and above in ID mode.......... go to all-metal mode and set STAT/MOTION to "MOTION" ............ then go back to the ID mode........... and this should resolve quite a bit of the EMI issue(s).

Yes......... in any of the boost process modes......... the T2/F75 does take more snapshots............ with subsequent additional lag-time. 'cl' mode really accentuates this operating system.
October 05, 2013 01:41PM
I took the T2 out in the boondocks yesterday. No change in emi, no change in depth. Tom can you clarify your last post. The Stat/motion part.
Digger70pa, can you run your machine thru the air test, and let us know the distance you can detect a quarter? You might have one of those hot ones.
October 05, 2013 03:16PM
possum mo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I took the T2 out in the boondocks yesterday. No
> change in emi, no change in depth. Tom can you
> clarify your last post. The Stat/motion part.
> Digger70pa, can you run your machine thru the air
> test, and let us know the distance you can detect
> a quarter? You might have one of those hot ones.

The stat/motion setting only applies to the f75. the t2 uses motion while searching and non motion to pinpoint.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2013 06:51PM by dougj7.
October 05, 2013 08:01PM
As an F75 owner, I always wondered why it defaulted to STAT and not MOTION A/M mode. On my machine, even when you're in DISC mode, the noise of the STAT comes through. Every time I do a factory reset, there's a big list of things to adjust, STAT to MOTION is one of them.
October 06, 2013 12:19AM
Hey possum, I don't use the stock coil on mine much. I usually use the big sef coil on it. The 13" ultimate coil works nice on it to but the 15"/12" coil goes the deepest. I have taken the T2 se sef coil combo to some spots that I thought that i had cleaned out & did pretty good.
October 06, 2013 03:21AM
Digger, with the 12 x 15, in an air test, with your sensitivity cranked as hi as it can go, while keeping stability, what is the distance it picks up a quarter?
I may have to go the big coil route, or wait and see what new machines come out in the next few months.
October 06, 2013 01:08PM
Possum....... my bad. My brain is encircled around the F75 Stat/Motion platform. . . . which is not applicable to T2; yet, makes a large difference on F75.
October 07, 2013 05:37PM
Possum I will do a air test with my T2se with the 15"/12" self coil on a clad quarter.
October 07, 2013 08:10PM
I would like to share something. Yesterday was the first day ever that I found a location where I could run sensitivity 99 while in boost mode with my F75. Coil held still in the air and absolutly no EMI. I was amazed to say the least.
My serial number says Sept...2012...
October 08, 2013 02:34AM
For those who asked..

Now you Know why I am hesitant to talk about thing's...

Theres alot more thing's I dont talk about LOL!!!

Keith
October 08, 2013 12:50PM
Mine was made 9/12 also, Keiths was made on Wed, mine was the first one made on mon am. LOL Hey Keith, if its honest, ya just throw it out there, some will always find its way to the fan!
October 08, 2013 03:29PM
Lord help Keith it's post like this one that keeps detector makers in business! And us poor boys chomping at the bit waiting for their used machines to hit the market!! LOL
Hey Keith...I would love to see a video on the 24" air test...My T2 just air tested @ 13" if I'm lucky..
[youtu.be]

Keith
Re: Comapre your Boost Process to my Boost process and see if its about like Mine ( VIDEO)
October 14, 2013 11:11PM
here is another great video on how to get more depth with the T2.

[www.youtube.com]

Tom in SC
Keith Southern Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [youtu.be]
>
> Keith

Hi Keith,please tell me this T2 it pick up your garden targets?

Liaso
Hey Liaso the this t2 does not pick up my 10 inch dime...

But at the same time I have dug 10 inch dime size objects in real world hunt's like flat button's....

So I dont think a test garden is the deciding factor on any machine....

I have burried stuff in the years past and one machine will get it fine while another wont .. then wait 7 or 8 years later and the opposite results happen..

I have actually seen a period of time when stuff you purposely bury when no machine will hear it,,,, usually takes about 3-4 years to happen ...almost like a transition phase it taking place...going form distrubed/islolated to interacting with the ground...

Some machines like plowed ground ( No Halo) better than others also..

But power balancing a T2 for better in ground depth is not as DOABLE as say some of the analog unit's for some reason...

The AT pro takes to power balancing but I am not 100% sure the AT is full digital like the T2...

Keith
Thanks Keith!
October 16, 2013 10:19PM
Keith, were you using any disc during your test with 99 sens and BP? If so, how did it affect your results?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2013 10:20PM by laserfeller.
October 17, 2013 03:07AM
Laser I use 0 disc and 10 disc same results just less ground noise grunt's on 10 Vs 0...

Keith
October 19, 2013 10:28PM
Keith and others on this post,
Thanks for all the good info and videos on the T3SE. I have the T2SE, G2, and the Omega. I use all three as they relate to the type of search I am conducting but the T2SE is my favorite.