Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Can anyone confirm First Texas News

Posted by Hungarian 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Can anyone confirm First Texas News
October 09, 2013 11:41PM
I heard through a friend of a friend (yeah I know), that FT is going to release info on new machine in 2-4 weeks. Can anyone confirm this or is it BS.
Re: Can anyone confirm First Texas News
October 10, 2013 01:59AM
That would be sweet.... I sent an email to FT a couple of weeks ago and received a response saying they had no news of a new unit..... But I'm nobody, why would they tell me....lol. I really like my F75, but would absolutely go for a multiple frequency machine (if that's the route they are going)....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2013 02:48AM by triplehooked.
October 11, 2013 09:27PM
Same story different chapter
October 11, 2013 09:40PM
Who cares.
October 11, 2013 10:01PM
Who cares? Quite a few of us! HH jim tn
October 11, 2013 11:40PM
I'm with ya Jim....
October 12, 2013 12:16AM
Ain't holding my breath.
October 12, 2013 02:05AM
I am very interested also I am hoping they have a whole new platform that has a lot of what we have been asking for and more. I trust them to not let us down.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
October 17, 2013 04:23AM
I haven't seen anything hit the FCC yet so either false or no built in wireless.
October 17, 2013 08:11AM
"hit the FCC"?? Presumably all electronic devices have to be tested for emissions, they are just more thorough for those devices that intentionally broadcast RF? I would guess that if it does have wireless, it will be on the 2.4GHz ISM band, like the Whites V3, XP Deus.
October 17, 2013 11:13AM
Wireless? I am that rare person who passed on the Deus solely because I am not interested in coils with sealed batteries. I do not mind having the option for wireless headphones as long as I can still use regular headphones. Wireless coils was just a bit too far for me. Guess I am officially the old fashioned type but wired coils do me just fine.

Steve Herschbach
DetectorProspector.com
October 17, 2013 11:28AM
I was assuming MO meant wireless headphones, to be honest, I didn't imagine First Texas (or anyone else, really) would try the cordless search-coil. I'm not a fan of the Deus' search-coil. When I first saw it, I thought it would be good for underwater use, snorkelling, deep rivers - I had thoughts of something like a cordless Head-Hunter type set-up. Then it was all ruined when it was revealed it uses 2.4GHz, which won't go through water.... Of course the reason the 2.4GHz ISM band is available to everyone licence-free is EXACTLY because it won't pass through water, so it's a poor frequency for communications purposes (water vapour in the air etc)
October 17, 2013 02:31PM
doubt they will catch up with the deus now.
too far ahead
October 17, 2013 03:35PM
I think fisher will bypass the deus and just give us raw power great fast unmasking and a new twist and a new coil and more depth someone has to come out with a new leader we are all waiting for a new detector from Fisher and Tek...I'll trust them on this one

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
October 17, 2013 04:41PM
diggers Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> doubt they will catch up with the deus now.
> too far ahead

Yeah, Dave Johnson may as well not even get out of bed today. Game over!
October 17, 2013 06:19PM
Why on earth do they have to "catch up" with XP? If it's a dual-freq machine, as generally assumed, then it's a completely different type of machine. Plus you neglected the price issue, particularly in relation to you guys in the US, where XP's products are expensive. If it costs 70% of the Deus' price, that would be significant. It might be more of a struggle price-wise where I am in the UK, as US machines seem to end up 40% higher in price.
Of course we don't know what XP are working on next....there was talk of Deus-like GMP's/GMAXX's, and a nugget-hunting machine?
October 18, 2013 12:02PM
XP are working on the hoardhunter attachment which you can attach in minutes to give you a DEEP machine for large targets ,said to be due before end of year .
price unknown as yet but i am first on the list

thats the beauty of wireless you can just add bits on as technology advances ,a truly flexible open ended system

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2013 12:03PM by diggers.
October 18, 2013 01:11PM
diggers Wrote:
> doubt they will catch up with the deus now.
> too far ahead

Nothing can be to far ahead as long as R&D still goin on. Deus is a very good machine that combines excellent iron disc with excellent sounds for your ear and brain to interpret. In ID department it isnt up to American standards and not in Groundbalance and no Treshold.

The beauty of the Iron sound break and iron volume and fast recoveryspeed combined with good sound and sensitivity was what caused the GMP to rise in sales in europe due to the fact that it really is what cause the user to be in control over the dirt and the machine for small european finds in iron infested sites.

Add minerals and you lose some of those benefits.

Many American machines are deeper, more sensitive, have fast recoveryspeed, better ID, treshold for prospecting, better groundbalance control. etc...

So XP not at all to far ahead just have the tool for the european job that people love at this time.
October 18, 2013 02:04PM
Quote:"XP are working on the hoardhunter attachment which you can attach in minutes....thats the beauty of wireless you can just add bits on"
Err...that's the beauty of wired coils, you can just attach a new one in minutes. I believe a two-box coil could be added to most VLF machines in principle, though the only commercial one that springs to mind is the Garrett (Groundhog?) one.
But depending on how my winter tinkering goes, I may have one for my F75 next year.
October 18, 2013 06:41PM
European Machines ground balance systems are not as advanced as the U.S. one's but they do the job as they should...

The U.S. market has a leg up on the ground balance..Well lets not forget Minelab though..they have a nice System in the gold machines and the Xterra 705 also...

Talking of 2 coil attachment's..there was a company in Europe making the 2 box attachment for the whites 6.59kHz models that took the Blue Max coil's...( the Last models Made)..

I wanted to try one out on the 5900 but never got around to getting one....

Keith
October 18, 2013 07:11PM
Pimento Wrote:
> Of course the reason the 2.4GHz ISM band
> is available to everyone licence-free is EXACTLY
> because it won't pass through water, so it's a
> poor frequency for communications purposes (water
> vapour in the air etc)

Eh, RF doesn't go through water, regardless of frequency.
October 18, 2013 09:33PM
That's not strictly true, Carl, but attenuation is certainly very significant, and would hamper a practical solution. It is significant whether you are talking about sea-water or fresh-water, too, salt-water attenuates (most?) frequencies much more. The best success is likely to be had with sub-1 MHz frequencies, which of course limits you to just audio modulation (cordless headphones). The Deus data transfer rate is probably in the megabits/sec range, so that a non-starter. But we are only talking about 2 metres max transmission distance. Other likely pitfalls that are specific to detectors include the RF transmitter interfering with the detector. If you were attempting to make a two-way radio link between scuba-divers, for example, you could use 500 milliwatt transmitters. That's 499 milliwatts too much for a detector, I suspect. Then there's the issue of legal radio frequencies to use. Makes me want to experiment with an optical link, like the cheaper domestic cordless headphones use.
I've just had a quick search, and found this, talking about 100KHz transmissions:
[techon.nikkeibp.co.jp]
Also, I have an interest in radio-control models, and know that model submarines can be operated several metres under-water. This is likely to be fresh-water, and R/C transmitters are often 500 milliwatt. But then they are normally 27 MHz up to 75-ish MHz radio frequency. Maybe they use custom radio gear?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2013 09:54PM by Pimento.
October 19, 2013 03:17AM
Yes, I was referring to headphones. They use an intentional radiator and frequency that requires compliance testing. metal detectors search is an unintentional radiator. Under 9khz has no regulation. Above that frequency have emitted power per x distance requirements. 9-30khz measured at 300 meters. However, compliance testing is not required. A company can just state compliance. First Texas did do compliance testing on F75 and G2 even though they didn't have to. This is all in FCC rules part 15.
October 19, 2013 11:21AM
I've seen inside pics of the Whites V3 (on Geotech1) and the 2.4GHz transmitter is actually a commercial PCB module, plugged into the main detector board. As such, it would have it's own compliance testing and certificate. Anyone using such a module would then be exempt for re-testing, provided they followed the module manufacturers guide about antennas, supplies etc. This may be a route Fisher use. You also have the easy option of selling the detector without the module, eg. for a lower-spec version of the machine.
October 23, 2013 03:21AM
I'm certainly not a detector-pro....but I thought that both of my XP's had awesome recovery speed. And I have had a T2 LTD, two F75 SE's, two Teknetics G2'. Minelab Xterra 705. All of the ones that had fast recovery and the XP , on "3" seemed to be faster than all of 'em. BUT.....you guys have FAR more experience than I do. Heck, I wouldn't even own one long enough to learn the confounded thang!!!!! I think that MY treasure....was seeing the UPS truck coming up the drive....and my Bank balance going down to the red line. Heck, even the Deeptech Gold I had was pretty fast....recovery speed-wise. But I will ALWAYS have a deeply warm spot in my heart for my first Teknetics G2. It was fast ENOUGH! In my unlearned opinion. I found a LOT of goodies with my G2. I recall working a playground that had literally been dug to death!!!! And still, there were buried pulltabs....many times in an old plug....that some moron had failed to carry out with them. I'm sorry to use such harsh language about fellow hobbyists. "Moron" IS a bit strong. But doesn't it just "eat your lunch" when you dig up an old plug that is giving a possible Indian Head tone? I mean....I just could NOT pass that good number/tone by. I mean....how hard is it to go to the lumber shed and pick up a FREE nail apron and use IT to cart out the unwanted dug items?
I have found old shotgun shells (the old paper kind with a brass back) right beside plugs. It makes it exceedingly hard on one's fellow diggers to have to listen to those extra tones and spend a few seconds trying to decide whether to dig or not. (Don't mind me, I'm kind of in a foul mood today. Today was 'interest check' day and the banks around here are now paying .50%. A few years ago it was 4 and 5%. Big difference on $100,000 CD's!!!!! (Sorry about the hijack....forgive me for that)
October 26, 2013 04:43PM
its a bonus to turn the XP deus into a light 2 coil system when you'r out in the field ,in minutes ,yep theres 2 box systems around but theyre heavy and cumbersome and the design must go back a long long time .
(30years ?)