Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Garrett pro pointer from china

Posted by Denari 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Garrett pro pointer from china
October 10, 2013 05:16PM
Re: Garrett pro pointer from china
October 10, 2013 05:49PM
They're appearing on eBay UK, here's a UK forum thread on the topic:
[www.metaldetectingforum.co.uk]
If you can't see it, the first post on the thread embed's the second Youtube video linked to in Denari's post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2013 05:55PM by Pimento.
I really despise the Chinese for so many reasons!
October 11, 2013 01:35AM
Cowardly reverse engineering...deceit... bad, inferior, cheap or toxic materials...just plain stealing. There are over a billion of them; why can't they come up with their own ideas!
October 11, 2013 08:13AM
Judging by the 'reviews', they most likely have not been reverse engineered. If they had, there would be a reasonable chance the performance was at least acceptable, maybe good enough to fool people.
October 11, 2013 09:29AM
I know that I will never buy one from someone on the forums again. Authorized dealer all the way for me.
October 11, 2013 11:42AM
goodmore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I know that I will never buy one from someone on
> the forums again. Authorized dealer all the way
> for me.

why is that goodmore? all you would have to do is get the serial # and call garrett before you purchased it.
October 11, 2013 12:26PM
I would buy one from a forum member in a heartbeat!
October 11, 2013 03:18PM
Why does the U.S. let this stuff come in the country don't they have to have a serial number or Pat number and to copy it that way is a shame but now a days it is better to buy from a dealer you can't trust anyone else.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
October 11, 2013 03:31PM
There's a green T2 on EBay right now that's fake I contacted Mike Scott and he confirmed it was a fake it says T2+ on the screen and it has a serial number on it to make it look legit.
October 12, 2013 01:38AM
I wonder how many will be sent to Garrett to be serviced/fixed lol.
October 13, 2013 09:11PM
Have you ever checked to see where the Garrett propointer is made, or who did the final engineering of the device? Seems sensible to purchase the best unit for the best price, no matter what the name on the outside says. ..
October 14, 2013 12:43AM
rlc1940 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Have you ever checked to see where the Garrett
> propointer is made, or who did the final
> engineering of the device? Seems sensible to
> purchase the best unit for the best price, no
> matter what the name on the outside says. ..

The real Pro Pointer is made in the USA by Garrett and it is the best unit for the best price.

Look at the videos above of the Chinese counterfeit and see what you get for $60. The casing may look very close to identical but obviously what's inside is nothing like the genuine Pro-Pointer.

You'd be better off with the $15 Cen-Tech (also Chinese crap, but at least a lot cheaper)
October 14, 2013 12:50AM
You guys are complaining about this?

Enjoy your Chicken.
October 14, 2013 05:46PM
Enjoy you chicken?????

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
October 15, 2013 07:41PM
Well, some folks will purchase them, run tests, and report their findings. Chances are, if the Chinese units are anything near as good as the Garrets, they'll sell like hotcakes. I know for a fact that the $16.95 Cen-tek, when "tuned" with the blue pot. located Iinside the device, is far more sensitive than the White's $99.00 unit...I have both. Should have purchases 5 Cen-tec units and let White's keep theirs, lo! The White's pinpointer makes a bad mark on a really quality Company. They should recall all their units.