Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Heard A Rumor- New VLF Multifrequency Water Unit

Posted by critterhunter 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Heard A Rumor- New VLF Multifrequency Water Unit
October 12, 2013 03:28PM
Heard a rumor but don't know the origins of it's source, so take this with a healthy grain of salt. *IF* it's true and this "multifrequency" thing pans out in mineral punching depth and stability then it could be cause for concern to Minelab...

[detectingunderground.com]

Edited 12 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2013 05:14PM by critterhunter.
Re: From A Source- New Detector Pro Multifrequency Water Unit
October 12, 2013 03:40PM
Time will tell if it holds true

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
Re: From A Source- New Detector Pro VLF Multifrequency Water Unit
October 12, 2013 04:19PM
From DetectorPro? Good luck with that one folks. They did design the housing for the Excalibur and I could even imagine Minelab licensing something for them to sell. But I cannot imagine them actually leap-frogging past Minelab in multi-frequency. I believe most of their electronics used in the past was derived from other companies. For instance, I am pretty sure the Wader and Diver are derived from the Fisher 1280X. [ubuntuone.com]
October 12, 2013 04:59PM
They wouldn't necessarily have to "leap frog" past Minelab in technology. BBS is still the standard to beat to many in terms of punching through mineralization in both sand and on land. But hand in hand with that is it's legendary stability in those kinds of conditions as well when dealing with some people's particular mineralization. Having my own personal experience in that respect compared to certain machines I've owned in the past, I think it might have something to do with it's "lower" frequency span bias in terms of the minerals I hunt in.

But the point being that even if it was somehow just some comparable multifrequency technology in terms of performance, that's all they'd need to have a huge hit on their hands when somebody might be trying to decide between something "similar" in ability to the Excalibur.

Why? For starters.....
Price
Weight/ergonomics. The stock Excalibur shaft is like a torture device.
Reliability potential. Remains to be seen, but we all know of the POT issues on Excaliburs.
Better headphones. You can't get any worse than the yellow Excalibur ones. and since this unit is rumored to have the electronics in the headphones, I can't imagine they'd skimp on that.
Ease in accessing the controls. Although this like the weight/balance issue can be addressed with an aftermarket or homemade shaft on an Excalibur.
Customer service. Minelab may be better than they were but they still ain't the best.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2013 05:08PM by critterhunter.
October 12, 2013 07:35PM
Minelab has a bank of lawyers on hand looking for any patent infringements............

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
October 12, 2013 11:16PM
Seeing that detectingunderground website is only a few days old, that's a sneaky way to get it going. My guess is critterhunter is the administrator? Fact or rumor?
Re: Heard A Rumor- New VLF Multifrequency Water Unit
October 14, 2013 09:00PM
I have been told, but cannot independently verify, the Minelab's patent on the BBS technology has expired.

If this is true, I would expect several companies to be seizing on it.
October 14, 2013 11:51PM
possum mo
My guess is critterhunter is the administrator? Fact or rumor?

Ya think?

We'll, I heard a rumor...
October 16, 2013 10:41AM
Never know. Since Gary Storm of Detectorpro was instrumental in designing the original Minelab Excalibur detector, maybe he's been working on something for a while to compete with it. Wasn't the wader or diver, that's for sure. Been there, sold those...
Tri
October 21, 2013 10:18PM
[pericles.ipaustralia.gov.au]

Again the Australian patent office is a bit vague on some of these patents , however this
may be the BBS patent.? (expired)

Tri
October 21, 2013 10:27PM
New Minelab Patent Sept 2013
[www.geotech1.com]

Enjoy

Works for me

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/21/2013 10:28PM by Sven1.
October 21, 2013 10:32PM
Sven, can you please check that link again?
Tri
October 21, 2013 10:39PM
For anyone interested here are links to the Australian patent office
reference Minelab:

[pericles.ipaustralia.gov.au]
October 21, 2013 10:57PM
Hey Sven thank's for the link...

Man Bruce Has really got His thinking cap on....

Hes seems to be really taking the target trace ability to the next level...

What I find amazing about the whole thing is his way of thinking is now turned towards unmasking it so seem's...

and thats a big advantage for us ...

He has worked on his mineral handling for a couple fo decades,, now He seems to be wanting to really get into unamsking and with his thought process I have a feeling we will see some truly groundbreaking products come into existence..

His target trace idea with Heat map is very encouraging.With ghost residual...He's actually wanting to show you the nail and the say coin lying side by side it so seem's...
And the way he describes the time threshold, sounds like hes figuring out away to I.d by how long a target generates a field ..Almost like He's working on a Time domain instrument coupled with i.d. feature...

I have to give it to Bruce the man is alwasy pushing forward with idea's...

I think we can see why the 30/30 is the logical step in the evolution of the FBS....sopme of the parts of the 30/30 seem to be the building blocks for future product's...

Keith
October 22, 2013 01:05AM
[www.geotech1.com]

Keith
I would sure like to be around if something like that materializes..........would sure save on the knees in the future.
Better start saving for one........LOL

Works for me
October 22, 2013 11:37PM
Any time you are looking at permeability/hysteresis decay (ramp-down) rate///time-domain..... this heavily implicates 'pulse induction' basis.