Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Best camera for videoing hunts

Posted by sekypaleo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Best camera for videoing hunts
October 15, 2013 02:10PM
Need advice here, what is the best video camera for recording hunts to post on Youtube keeping cost to a minimum? What are you guys using?
Re: Best camera for videoing hunts
October 15, 2013 03:29PM
I have used a Pentax W90 camera for the past several yrs. It's one of those rugged, waterproof, dust proof, shock proof cameras...there's several like it on the market now. It only goes to 720 HD though...and when you record in that mode, the quality is great but the file size is big. If you are stuck with DSL or 3G internet like me, then you are going to have to lose some of the high quality of your videos, unless you want to take half the day to upload to YouTube. With faster internet, it may not be as big of a deal or problem...but for me, it really is. By the time I edit and compress the video files, etc...I am usually still looking at 100+ MB for a 2-5 minute video.
October 15, 2013 07:35PM
GoPro, comes with lots of different mounts and more are available...... They even have a vest mount, hat, shaft...... and plenty more.

Tom in SC
October 15, 2013 09:47PM
I thought about the go pro, looks pretty cool. Then I could get some of these ugly feller's I hunt with on camera......lol.
October 15, 2013 10:23PM
I have been looking into doing some vids also. I have DSL internet so like Danial said I need something 720 or smaller I think. I don't want to take away from my hunting by spending to much time trying to upload hunts. I have a pretty cool ghost town site that i would like to do some video on.
cd
wjs
October 16, 2013 12:29AM
I use a Kodak ZX5.
October 16, 2013 04:07AM
I phone....look at Rons videos.
October 16, 2013 03:27PM
The best thing to do is look at videos and then see which ones you like and ask what camera they are using...I use to make a lot of real nice videos and may start again..I have the same camera but I do a lot of editing to clean things up color and contrast...

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
October 18, 2013 11:01PM
Contour Roam2 mounted on one of the headphones (to include detector audio) works well.

ivanll
January 10, 2014 03:54AM
GO PRO