Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tom, Your thoughts on CZ 5" Coil

Posted by Jerry (TX) 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Tom, Your thoughts on CZ 5" Coil
October 24, 2013 04:56AM
Tom, I have been following your post for many years being a CZ user my self.
I have gained alot of knowledge from your post and videos.

I have noticed though that you don't mention the 5" coil to often.

In your inland video your using the 8" stock coil in a old trashy yard site, I can understand using the stock coil for filming purposes.
Just wonder what your thoughts are on using the 5" coil in trashy environments where coins may not sink as deep as they do in Florida.

Just wondering your thoughts and observations with the small coil

.Jerry

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2013 05:24AM by Jerry (TX).
Re: Tom, Your thoughts on CZ 5" Coil
October 24, 2013 02:04PM
Certainly will be interesting to hear Tom's thoughts...I am basically a stock coil kind of guy but have used the hockey puck and here are my observations.
Really lightens the load and certainly opens your eyes on coverage and overlapping. Remember you can usually run higher sens than with the stock coil and have gotten 6-7 inch silver coins in areas where a stock coil would not be feasible.
October 25, 2013 10:41AM
The 5" coil ........... of all the available Fisher coils ............ is the coil most prone to being impedance mis-matched; subsequently, causing incorrect ID. ((( You (the user) can test/verify this with a bunch of nickels......... comparing the 8" (or 10.5") coil to the 5" coil ID results on each nickel ))).

BUT...... that aside........ the 5" coil is a fairly large attribute in trashy areas,,,,,,,,,,, more than most folks would give credit.

You are right........... in the DVD/video, , , there is one area that the 5" coil should have been mandatory-use.............. yet, my intent was to demonstrate 'how to handle' a trashy area with the 8" coil............ as most folks do not own a 5" coil ......or...... would never switch over to the 5" coil even it they had one. ((( I have witnessed this time-and-time again ))). Plus....... the DVD was already 90-minutes long and I had every intent to demonstrate the usage and (video captured) justification/purpose of the 5" coil. Then proceed to demonstrate the depth capabilities of the 5", 8" and 10.5" coil in the test-garden .......... along with masking-failure/unmasking-capabilities differences between all coils. I pushed the entire video production crew to create a 100-minute DVD; yet, the entire crew 'market rationalized' why the justification is not there to create a longer video (DVD).............. and ........... was probably correct in the thought-process. There are many, many hours of captured video that were never used.
October 26, 2013 06:46PM
Thanks Tom

You observations are greatly appreciated.

I used my CZ-5 with 5" coil in some trashy Demo Lots yesterday.
It provided some good finds in very trashy home tear down demo lot scenarios.
I don't think I would have done as well with the stock coil.

Better finds, 8wheats, worn stander, old store token, copper schlumberger knife/tool?

Thanks
Jerry

October 27, 2013 01:28AM
Well done!