Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

best headphones for faint targets.

Posted by o2findit 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
best headphones for faint targets.
October 31, 2013 09:00AM
Hi Guys,

What are the best headphones to enhance targets. I am using the Whites v3 hith koss headphones ur30 and the Whites Wireless phones. Is their any with boosters built in and if so are they an advantage.

Has anyone used Liberty

Regards o2findit.
Re: best headphones for faint targets.
October 31, 2013 09:40AM
I own/use the Sunray Pro Golds & they have worked well on any of the many detectors I have used them on.----They seem to work exceptionally well (tonal quality) on the Minelab Explorer series & Etracs.---------Del
October 31, 2013 10:43AM
I use Killer Bee Wasps and they seem to pick up a tiny whisper of a target with my Sov. I use Troy's as well and they work great on tiny, deep target sounds as well. They are harder to find, but they, like the Sunray Pro Golds have a deeper inset earpiece so they're more comfortable after you've them on for several hours.
October 31, 2013 10:58AM
Depends upon the detector and what sounds good to you. Killer Bee's work well on White's.

DeepTech Vista X with 3 search coils.
Works for me
October 31, 2013 11:03AM
Everyone actually has different hearing abilities so headphones can be a pretty personal flavor kind of thing to a point. I like Gray Ghosts and use the one sided ones known as "Rattlers" because I like one ear open to the world around me. I put the cup on my good ear. They have high tones that some don't like but I have a bit of a high range loss and they seem to make up for it and work well for me even on the quiet whispers.
October 31, 2013 01:11PM
Indeed everyone has different hearing abilities( for instance I hear low better than high) and some phones just work better on different detectors so sort of a crap shoot and no dead on answer to the question. Guess that's why they make so many...
October 31, 2013 02:27PM
Hi All, What is better hi omh or low ohm? I have a set of 170 omh, and they seam to work very well, but seams most use 32 omh. I am useing a MXT, a CZ70 Pro, Is one better than the other for hard of hearing people? Thanks Flintstone
October 31, 2013 03:34PM
o2findit:
I don't think Mike is making the Liberty's right now. I can send you his number and you can call and make sure. I think he may be busy working out of town . They are very well built and extra heavy cord. I use the Liberty and the Grey Ghosts. My ears prefer the Grey Ghost.
I can send you my Liberty's and at least you can see if you like them or not. If you do then call Mike and he may be able to take care of you.
Corey
October 31, 2013 04:17PM
I use a few different types of phones.
I like the Gray ghost Ndt,s with volume control.
Also, if you don't know already have your Threshold just audable, as this will help with hearing those very faint signals of some deep targets.
I have also used the Sunray pro Golds with the leather Ear cups, these were very nice to wear with excellent sound.
Keith