Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Your "Best-liked" metal detector...

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Your "Best-liked" metal detector...
November 02, 2013 07:17PM
I know this is probably a loaded question and I do not want to stir up any arguments but I would just like to ask it.

"What is the best-liked metal detector you have ever owned?"

This is a personal opinion type question and I am curious...especially from those who have tried many detectors in the past. I don't need any reasons why you liked it...just which one.

My best-liked metal detector I have ever owned...and I have owned over 250 different detectors...is a Fisher 1266X.
Re: Your "Best-liked" metal detector...
November 02, 2013 07:52PM
250 different detectors? Have there been that many? I kinda liked the E-Trac - the CTX a close second, the White's Di 6000 Pro a third.
November 02, 2013 08:42PM
CZ6A
November 02, 2013 09:18PM
Sovereign, bandido, gb pro....sorry, couldn't pick just one!
November 02, 2013 09:27PM
Gold Bug 2. I have used them since they came out. Owned a lot of other machines in the meantime but the GB2 has been a permanent fixture now for over 20 years and still gets used constantly. I recently got a second one as insurance in case they cease production.
November 02, 2013 10:16PM
Probably the tesoro eldorado is mine. Operates smooth.
November 02, 2013 11:01PM
Fisher CZ-5 and AT-Gold are my top 2 out of the 2 the AT-Gold is my favorite.
November 03, 2013 12:22AM
I've had many detectors that were the same make and model over and over (they had different serial numbers). But no...there haven't been that many different brands.
November 03, 2013 12:45AM
I like my Minelab SE Pro the best. My Garrett AT Pro second because I use it when water detecting and my Teknetics T2 Se third for a backup.
wjs
November 03, 2013 12:47AM
Etrac, V3i
November 03, 2013 01:06AM
Need you ask after 22 years with every CZ model ever made...
Now for gold rings in local parks a Tesoro notch unit gets my vote....also excellent shallow water unit if you can stuff the box in your waders...
November 03, 2013 01:33AM
I'm with Ray on this one - can't pick just "one" either!

CZ6a - Etrac - CZ20 - Deus - like them all for different reasons but all equal

have had at least 30 others (Whites, Fishers, Minelabs, Tesoros, Garretts, Etc)...

I have a few others I really like too but the above have been/are my favs...
November 03, 2013 01:43AM
I have liked all the Tesoro's that I have owned, Teknetics EuroTek Pro the Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Fisher 1266, Garrett Freedom Ace Plus, and others that I can't think of at this time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2013 01:46AM by SkiWhiz.
November 03, 2013 02:03AM
My 2 cz-3d's.
November 03, 2013 02:36AM
I have only been detecting for a year and have used only a few machines. My favorite now is my T2. Of course I love my little Pro Pointer too.
November 03, 2013 03:19AM
Fisher CZ-5, Troy X-3 second, and Every Tesoro I've had
November 03, 2013 03:20AM
Of all the many detectors I have had, the Etrac is my favorite (to date).----The CTX is a close second as I am getting more comfortable with it the more I use it
November 03, 2013 03:26AM
E-TRAC.............................................................13" coil.............................Silver....Silver....Silver!!!!!!!!!!!!
November 03, 2013 04:41AM
Without a doubt, it would have to be the White's GoldMaster 66TR.
November 03, 2013 05:44AM
Gold Bug 2...............Have found more gold with the original GB and the GB2 than all the other detectors I have owned , combined.
November 03, 2013 01:30PM
I've had a bunch over the years, and there are things I liked about most of them. I think my list could be shorter if I were to list the ones that were my most unliked smiling smiley

A Tesoro Bandido II uMax was probably my favorite Tesoro machine to date. And would also have to rank up there with one of my favorites of any brand. It didn't go deep but it was just fun to use. I found a lot of good stuff with that machine too.

By far, my most productive machine of all time would have to be the F75. I have went through a few of them, and it's what I currently have as of now. I probably understand it better than any other machine I've ever had or used.

For overall depth...nothing in my book, compares to the Minelab GPX series of detectors.

For silver...I personally found a Minelab Explorer II or eTrac to be my most productive. I didn't like them for relic hunting, but there's no denying that coins...particularly silver ones...are what these machines love to feed on. They stay hungry too.

Have to throw the Deus in there too....it ranks up there toward the top, simply due to innovation and the "fun factor". Not a depth demon either...but much like the Bandido II...light weight, simple, and fun to use.
November 03, 2013 04:00PM
Nautilus DMC IIb, hard to beat for depth in good ground !
November 03, 2013 06:35PM
im a beach hunter so id say my favorite machine is my excal, if my cz6a was submersible or if I had a cz20/21 with a 10.5 inch coil I would use one of them them over the excal because of the faint signal audio boost.

on land, the best machine for me has been the tek g2.

chuck.
November 03, 2013 08:29PM
I can only limit it to my 4 favorites out of all I tried in know particular order. E-trac,CZ-3D,Nautilus IIba,and Whites XL-PRO.
November 03, 2013 10:22PM
CZ5,Tesoro Deep Search7,WhitesDI6000 pro,Fisher 1266, and now the F75 and etrac.
November 03, 2013 11:04PM
I did a count of detectors I've owned over the years this morning ....43. Around 8 true favorites for varying reasons.

But by a fair margain the "best liked" is the XTerra 305.

True all-rounder at the cheapest of prices, with hidden secrets.
November 04, 2013 03:17AM
I like them all or liked them all but not one stands out till I find my gold coin.

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
November 04, 2013 04:20AM
When Tesoro went form the 90 degree disc circuit to the 120 in the late 80's...

I think it was the Pantera..then the first bandido...

I did not Know it at the time what was happening but all the spots I had hunted in heavy iron started producing again..I was using the older Tesoros and Fishers and such and was alwasy running the tesoros on zero disc in iron .. and finding thing's but once the 120 disc circuit came into being and it allowed a zero disc clsoer to a nail.. really just right above it alot of UNMASKING took place...the 90 disc circuit of old was really nocking out foil and all iron so the newer EXPANDED circuit could really produce...

Did not Know why back then till maybe it was about 93 or so I figured out what was going on through careful study and alot of nights lying in bed thinking what was happening...

So I would say the 120 disc circuit of the Pantera/Bandido big box's with zero disc used in iron was unreal On brass...I never have since found so may buttons in house sites and old camp sites...I mean literally Hundred's of buttons came to light in the early 90 --94 range...I have never been able to repeat it in the same sites since...Oh the newer machine get stuff they cant but those machines made it hard for the newer machines to do any better...yet any little bit helps now a days...

There you have my Pick

And the reason why? It was the finds they made, But more important was WHY it made the finds once understood!

Keith
November 05, 2013 02:01AM
Like others have said, it's hard to pick one, due to each having their own strengths...

CZ3D (tweaked of course), Vx3, CZ20 (water), F75se, Mxt, had a hot Cibola, was better than my Vaquero...

If the F75SE had a smoother tone it would probably be the top, but the Spectra's screen is hard to beat.
November 06, 2013 02:07AM
Sovereign GT and the Deus.

Nothing better in life than hunting the wet sand of a beach with my Sovereign while the babes walk by.

The Deus because I made some great finds in places I thought I got it all.

I'll own another Deus some day.