Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

AT GOLD SMALLEAR Coil really deep

Posted by Lawrenzo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
AT GOLD SMALLEAR Coil really deep
November 12, 2013 02:09AM
Flew up to Virginia from Calif for a hunt. Everone asked me why I took my AT Gold...Well my other detector was broken. I was told it would be really hard to find targets because in this dirt everything has sunk really deep. On top of the dirt was about three inches of mulch and then a few inches of dead leaves from the start of fall. A three ringer came in at about 13 inches musket balls came in up to 8 inches and a rusted lock a smaller one was found at about 14 inches. I was in Disc one with a disc of about 30 and even though these targets didn't scream out when I swung my coil over them I got a chirp and slowed down and isolated it. I found targets each time. I had heard so much about how the AT Gold not being deep but hey so far I would have to say it is deep. And I would use Iron Disc and keep it on and then check the number to see if it was above 30. Most of the good targets came in at 49-58...These targets were mixed in with a lot of iron also but not a problem.

[www.thetreasuredepot.com]

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2013 05:15PM by Lawrenzo.
Re: AT GOLD SMALLEAR Coil really deep
November 12, 2013 02:11AM
Sounds Good Lawrenzo!!

The AT's do work well in bad dirt!

Congrat's on the Find's..

Keith
November 12, 2013 02:20AM
Right on Lowboy!!
November 12, 2013 05:14AM
Hi LowBoy,,,,WoW that's some awesome depth for a small coil....Congratulations on a successful exciting hunt....JJ
November 12, 2013 10:50AM
Good deal LB...back with a bang!
November 12, 2013 05:06PM
WTG Lowboy,

I agree the AT Gold is one hot machine and gets decent depth too, You'll hear some of the deeper signals with no ID and it appears you're jumping on these.

Yesterday, Hit a pounded lake in my area and due to black sand masking the locals are missing the smaller/medium targets due to masking. They've pounded all the easy coin size surface targets and such what's left are masked signals, Have to dig all negative signals with the AT-Gold most of my targets including both gold pieces found yesterday hit in the iron rage -1 to -4. The black sand reduces the ID on targets have to hunt in all metal with zero disc dig all signals.

Here's a quick pic of finds made from the At-Gold with the small coil.

Congtrats with making those impressive finds, And glad to see you make it back east. Maybe someday in the future the two of us can fly back east for a hunt.

HH, Paul (Ca)

November 12, 2013 05:36PM
Hey Lowboy,

Congrats on your trip to Div. and your finds.

Did you happen to come across anyone using a new multi frequency Fisher or Teknetics and if so how are they doing and what is your impression?

Thanks, El from Hollister