Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ3D on the 'bay- questions

Posted by Pasttom 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CZ3D on the 'bay- questions
November 22, 2013 02:34AM
There is an El Paso unit whose sn starts 0713 (mfg. date?) that claims lifetime warranty and a Dankowski certified 12 inches on a dime with a picture of the sticker. He has no takers yet on a starting bid of $500. I have no problem with 5 big ones for a hot 3D, but it seems to me the warranty went to 5 years when they left CA and is for original buyer only.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
wjs
Re: CZ3D on the 'bay- questions
November 22, 2013 03:01AM
I believe you are right. I think it is only covered for the original buyer so in effect makes it non transferable.
November 22, 2013 03:02AM
The seller says "it has a lifetime of service to offer"

not

that there's a "lifetime warranty"
November 22, 2013 03:02AM
I talked to Felix before I bought my 1021 off the shelf a couple years ago. He looked up the serial # and said it has a lifetime warranty. It stays lifetime for the original owner.......always thought it went to zero warranty after first owner....I may be wrong....call Felix with the full serial #. Tom may give you the skinny on that particular unit also.

I think its a more than fair price, especially if he's selling it with 2 coils, 8" & 10.5".... and is tuned by Tom D.
November 22, 2013 03:04AM
I know the warranty on the old/er fishers aren't transferable - never were -- not sure on new ones
November 22, 2013 03:15AM
MichiganRelicHunter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I know the warranty on the old/er fishers aren't
> transferable - never were -- not sure on new one
The new ones aren't either---the warranty applies only to the original purchaser.
November 22, 2013 05:50AM
MRH- I went back and reread, you are totally correct. I usually do better. I so hate it when work stress bleeds over into MDing.

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
November 22, 2013 01:55PM
Better to deal on classifieds with known sellers..E-bay is loaded with shrewdies and like flipping a coin whether you get good or bad.
AM sure their are many legitimate sellers but have heard some horror stories so be forewarned.....
November 22, 2013 02:04PM
If I'm not mistaken doesn't Tom put a sticker on it with some results to show it has been calibrated ?
November 22, 2013 03:18PM
Yes shovelnose, he puts a sticker on the ones he tunes up and the ones he validates.
N/T
November 22, 2013 04:02PM
N/T

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2013 04:15PM by fatheadnc.
November 22, 2013 04:29PM
Just buy it

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
November 22, 2013 07:36PM
Lawrenzo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just buy it

If I had the extra cash I'd jump on it myself - it looks virtually unused/new!
November 27, 2013 04:03PM
Hello guys. I'm new to this forum. I bought the CZ3D from (the bay) that is the subject of this post.
I talked to the seller , he guarantees me that I will LOVE this machine. I don't know to much about the CZ3D, except what I've been reading here on the forum.
From that, I'm hoping to get a good one. Here where I live the OLD parks have been pounded to death. Most of the targets (good & bad) have been dug up down to probably the 7" mark. I'm hoping to use the enhanced mode to bring in some older deeper coins.
You guys sure give GREAT detailed info on your CZ's!