Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Mineralization

Posted by Arthur-Canada 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Mineralization
November 30, 2013 04:05PM
Has anyone ever seen or compiled a map of North America that shows the relative mineralization in the ground in different areas?

Also, I detect a lot in a City that has had over 100 years of iron works spewing, at times, nasty smelling fumes into the air. Is it possible that all this iron industry over the years could effect the mineralization of the ground in the area?
Re: Mineralization
November 30, 2013 04:12PM
That's an interesting question. I live in a city much the same. I don't know the answer. I do know that everything in the city was covered in black soot.
November 30, 2013 04:53PM
There was a site posted a while back , I believe but it was posted by Johnnyanglo (but I was wrong once before when I thought I made an error) , that was a country wide compilation of geological soil types and may have contained a key to mineralization. I'm not sure how to do a search for it but perhaps a pm to him might be appropriate.
November 30, 2013 05:14PM
Would imagine it could judging by my experience trying to hunt the area around an old blue coal breaker caused my detector to go bonkers...

Imagine iron or by products of the iron could do the same.

Using an XLT years ago it has the ability to measure ground mineralization. And in one football field it changed 4 times so any such survey graphs you speak of would be ballpark at best....if they do indeed exist....imagine all you would get is high-moderate-low or something along that line...
December 01, 2013 08:31AM
The best way to measure your mineralization in the areas you detect is to make sure the detector you use can meter or measure it.
You will also soon learn how heavy the contamination is by the depth reduction and or increase based on your ground conditions.
I have detected fields that change as much as every 10 minutes due to varying degrees of mineralization,so maps with geological info will not always help.
Make sure you do effective ground balancing and fairly often.
This will give a more stable detecting experience,
Keith