Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tough but promising

Posted by Pac man 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Tough but promising
December 06, 2013 06:34PM
Two days ago i started hunting and old school location---late 1800s---across the road from a late 1800s church that still holds services once a month. The area that is cleared for parking for the church is approx 75ft x 50ft and surounded by heavy undergrowth. I was told the old school set back a little futher back. The trash is real bad in spots and bad on the rest of the area.To make things worse some of the area has been gravled in the past and has sunk below the surface making digging really tough.

Finds so far in the two hunts.
First day approx three hours
4- wheats--- oldest 1914 no mint mark
2- indian heads oldest 1890

2nd day
3-wheats oldes another 1914 still no mint
1- 1910 V nick
Only got to hunt about 1 1/2 hrs before the rain hit.

Also found several old shell casssing rifle and pistol along with some melted lead along with some other junk that i called before digging but the site dictated that i dig all signals that i knew for sure that was not iron.

Thing is all the above was found in an area about 40ft long and maybe 10-12ft wide right up against the brush line. I spent most all my time in that area going back and forth. I have not ventured into the sunken gravel area yet but will.

The Deus seems to be doing ok by me with the limiting factor being me of course.

Sure be glad when the weather clears up and stops raining for several reasons with metal detecting being one of them.

Pac Man
Re: Tough but promising
December 06, 2013 10:30PM
Stay at it ought to be some Barber silver in there for sure...

Hopefully some late seated...

Sound's like you already are off to a good start...

Keith