Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

whites tdi beach detecting education.

Posted by seeker41 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Re: whites tdi beach detecting education.
July 22, 2017 03:16AM
Best of luck - J&D

Hopefully the Manta platform will prove adaptable ti inland sites as well.

Rick Kempf
Gold Canyon AZ- where there is no gold
July 22, 2017 03:27AM
lytle78 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Best of luck - J&D
>
> Hopefully the Manta platform will prove adaptable
> ti inland sites as well.

Rick,many thanks,it certainly is a very testing site but also possibly the rewards are very high,not only will be using the TDI Pro but also will be taking and using the Nexus MP which is of course VLF machine with full discrimination but orientated towards working in such bad soil conditions,will be interesting to see which performs best on the day,gut feeling tells me the Nexus may be the slightly better and easier machine too use.
July 23, 2017 02:35PM
I used a TDI Pro one summer on The Southern California Beach's Water Line , unlike The East coast, we have Black sand, lots of it, TDI Purred like a Kitten in The Black sand.

It was Deepest Detector I ever used in No GB Mode, Using The TDI Pro had a price to pay, lots and lots of deep digging.

It also boggles my mind why whites did not water proof the TDI series detectors
July 27, 2017 01:53PM
The TDI was a beautiful attempt, but ultimately I suspect that it failed in the marketplace due to a lack of focus. It was a development of an Eric Foster platform which was unable to tackle the Australian extreme ground conditions. The TDI did no better in this regard I think. As a beach detector, it suffered from not being water/spray proof. It made no impression on the biggest market for gold detectors - Africa.

I think that this was a result of taking a device which was never focused on an actual "job to be done" and bringing it to market.

Seems like the hard question of who is going to buy this and why - and in these cases how is this machine better at doing the customer's intended "job" better than the competition.

Hopefully PI technology can bring us new powerful tools, but they will only succeed in the marketplace if they actually do a specific job netter than the current "best in class" detector already out there. That specific job, in turn, has to be one which is dome by enough users somthat winning a good percentage of all new orders adds up to unit sales high enough to make the development worth it.

Rick Kempf
July 27, 2017 02:01PM
lytle78 Wrote:
> The TDI was a beautiful attempt, but ultimately I
> suspect that it failed in the marketplace due to a
> lack of focus. It was a development of an Eric Fo
> ster platform which was unable to tackle the Austr
> alian extreme ground conditions. The TDI did no b
> etter in this regard I think. As a beach detector
> , it suffered from not being water/spray proof. I
> t made no impression on the biggest market for gol
> d detectors - Africa.
>
> I think that this was a result of taking a device
> which was never focused on an actual "job to be do
> ne" and bringing it to market.
>
> Seems like the hard question of who is going to bu
> y this and why - and in these cases how is this ma
> chine better at doing the customer's intended "job
> " better than the competition.
>
> Hopefully PI technology can bring us new powerful
> tools, but they will only succeed in the marketpla
> ce if they actually do a specific job netter than
> the current "best in class" detector already out t
> here. That specific job, in turn, has to be one wh
> ich is dome by enough users somthat winning a good
> percentage of all new orders adds up to unit sales
> high enough to make the development worth it.

Two years ago Reg Sniff worked with a guy in Oz on the TDI SL because it had a hiccup problem, The end results made the SL/SPP very hot on tiny Gold, even out performing the SDC, and when the same mods were added to the TDI Pro it really came alive, not quite the depth of the GP/GPX series but its small gold abilities are incredible, And as a result of all that the TDI SL and the SPP's that are sold in Australia now come with these mods already done, I only wish I could get whites to do the same modes to my TDI SL,
July 27, 2017 02:31PM
With ground balance on use it to eliminate bobby pins by adjusting the control. Try it!
July 27, 2017 02:47PM
Alpha Goat Wrote:
> With ground balance on use it to eliminate bobby p
> ins by adjusting the control. Try it!

Must admit i have been using a similar setup this last few weeks,GB on and just using the low conductivity on it then still hit our silver hammered coins and romans coinage but reduces digging alot of iron,with the Coiltek 14''x9'' Mono coil on and being foam filled its pretty light as well,have been using it without a harness.But of course being foam filled the coil would not be the best choice for using in the surf as it would wants to float but i dont live near the coast so will only be used inland on a roman trading villa site and also a celtic and roman hoard site

But for 2 of my specific sites thus far its the best tool for the job,especially having the ability to select what targets you want to hunt and leave the ones you dont want,that for me is the game changer with the TDI Pro,took me a little while to master it and get the best out of it but its finally starting to swing the 'reward to cost ratio' in my favour at last winking smiley
July 27, 2017 07:46PM
J&D,

I had a TDI with all the mods, yes it is a nice detector. I sold it to Paul in CA and he is pretty happy with it.

Here's the text from a post by "LE.JAG" over on Geotech - from 18 months ago. He was one of the guys who worked with Alexandre on the Manta. He was selling his v.3 because he got a v.4 prototype. Note the minimym pulse delay...7 micro secs. - should kill on small gold. NOTE - he indicates that this device has "no ground control" - I think the GB circuitry might be used to do the discrimination and therefore not suitable for mighly variable mineralization in the goldfields - but I'm just guessing.

Here's the link - and I have posted in his OP text below.

[www.geotech1.com]

"I sell a "prototype" Manta v3

There are only three copies of this detector and it is the best of three ....
(See mantametaldetectors website)

Pulse induction, works exclusively with mono coils to the beach, possibly for the land, but no ground control

Calibrated for low conductors, gold and platinum, among other
Delay 7us of 17 volts more sensitive, deeper and faster than Deepstar

Equipped with a coil, Manta, latest generation
she has one month, the quietest and most efficient on the market, all brands included.
(it will operate on TDI and Deepstar)

Connector Type TDI, it accepts all coils (mono) of TDI / GPX

Weight: 1.5 kg without battery that is worn at the belt
headphone jack and on / off switch on the battery pack (lipo) supplied charger
more than six hours of detection at full power.

Carbon Rod Anderson + extra cane down
braided nylon belt military style

All the possible settings and need a good PI
SAT speed, TX frequency, noise threshold, delay, volume,
sensitivity....

The delay was 7us , lets see gold ends
very thin rings, earrings, jewelry hollow that other detectors can not see
and of course, the wholesale jewelry it goes deeper

Ferrous recognition by a double beep well marked

sold for Manta V4

2000 USD the detector is in France can supplement depending on the mode shipments selected"

Thanks

Rick Kempf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2017 07:52PM by lytle78.