Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Nasa who?!!

Posted by Aaron 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Nasa who?!!
January 18, 2010 02:39AM
I unfortunately purchased a new sub-par 3d that only air tests at 6 inches. When I called Fisher and told them the problem and explained Nasa Tom says that it supposed to air test a dime at 10-12" they said "Nasa who?" I said Tom Dankowski the developer of the 3D, he says never heard of him. Well, anyway if your interested I posted the rest of the story on Findmall
[www.findmall.com]
Re: Nasa who?!!
January 18, 2010 04:57AM
Aaron, I went to Finds Treasure forum and read the entire thread.
Again, sorry to hear you had one with issues, I'm sure that FISHER will
resolve it. If they don't, you always have options so don't get frustrated.
As far as not hearing of or knowing of NASA-Tom, well, the people who you talked with are probably all from the Texas company that acquired FISHER. There might not be too many people from California Fisher shop working there now. Who knows.
Anyways, I hope you will post the results of the repair when your detector is returned. I'm very anxious to know what happens. I wish you the best with this issue.

Regards,
Grant

Up to my ____ in Pulltabs, Grant
Things change...
January 18, 2010 04:24PM
New Fisher has new Employees but Tom was instrumental in developing the CZ3D.

Might want to E-mail Tom as I understand he may calibrate your unit time permitting in a busy schedule.
January 18, 2010 06:39PM
Hi Dan I already contacted Tom and he can recalibrate it but that wouldn't resolve the depth issue
HH Aaron
January 19, 2010 01:16AM
I too.....am interested in how the unit performs...when you get it back. And; true,,,,, the new Fisher hardly retains any of the old employees.
January 22, 2010 02:56AM
I have found after using 4 3d's including the one i owned and sold to Wally, that unless u get one of the old Cali made units, these mexican made ones are a crap shoot...3 of the 4 i tried were mexican made and i can actually tell the difference with an air test...IT WOULD NOT be fair to mention differences in ground w/ all the variables...but in the air i saw a dime go from like 6.5" to maybe 12" on diff machines...and that's alot of "inbetween"...not only enough to mark inconsistancy, but a gap that would appear to define 3 actual different grades of machines...as if they were all different makes models...and as you guessed it, the Cali was the one that hit a dime at about 12".

[WWW.RAREOFMN.INFO]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2010 04:34AM by PanMan.
January 22, 2010 03:40AM
So I guess what I what really would like to know is how important is the air test? We all know the air test doesnt really tell actual depth. Real depth is from something that has been in the ground for a period of time and developes a "halo" or matrix from the mineralization. But on the other hand if you were at a dealer and you had him set out 3 used CZ 3D's, 2 of them from California and one from Mexico and air tested all of them and lets say by some wild stretch of imagination that the Mexican one air-tested 12" on a dime and the Californian ones only did half that, which one would you pick? Well of course your gonna pick the Mexican one, doesnt matter if the others are made in the U.S. Thats how important the air test is. But my point is this, from what I gather and I have spent some time talking to the people at Fisher, the air test is not that important. They told me I just need to turn the sensitivity up to 8 and it will go deeper, and if it is ground balanced there should be no falsing. Well, I'm not buying that. The California machines didnt need the sensitivity up that high why should the new ones. Obviously something is wrong. I talked to Keith Willis (Broken Detector)regarding my CZ-70. It is only airtesting a dime at 6-7"and he said if I sent it to him he could adjust it for me better than the new peple at Fisher because they only know the F series. According to him he has guys sending their warranteed Fisher machines to him instead because he does better work. This whole thing is just really frustrating. If Fisher cannot get consistant with their quality then they ought to just stop trying to make the 3D
Just my 2 cents worth.
Aaron
January 23, 2010 02:33AM
Air-testing for distance/depth is a critical resultant of overall initial performance. Mike, , , , Many will deny your claim. I can validate it.

Although, , , , lately,,,,, I have witnessed more consistency from unit-to-unit.... out of Mexico.
January 27, 2010 09:05PM
Consistintly good or bad?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2010 12:29AM by Aaron.
January 28, 2010 01:25AM
Good.
January 31, 2010 05:04AM
test

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2010 02:37AM by PanMan.