Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

XL-PRO Modulated Audio?

Posted by Harold,ILL. 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
XL-PRO Modulated Audio?
December 09, 2013 11:27PM
I pose another White's XL-PRO question here as I know many here have used them. I mostly hunt in GEB DISC.,But have been playing with the SAT. MODE and noticed that the audio seems to be modulated where the deeper target's are softer sounding. The GEB.DISC. MODE seems to be saturated where they all sound the same. I was wondering if others have found this to be true out in the field as we just got hit with a half foot of snow so only using air tests for now? If so I see why some say you can hunt heavy trash with it in the SAT.MODE with the 5.3 coil so you don't have to whip the coil and you can go slow and seperate and listen for that softer lock on hit. Have others used this method with this oldie but goody? Thanks.
Re: XL-PRO Modulated Audio?
December 10, 2013 01:11AM
Thats usually the only way I use the 6000 or 5900..Sat mode....

I do use GEB if Im in alot of trash but in open areas use sat and watch the accurate meter...Since sat is all metal no disc but the quality of the signal and the modulation coupled with the meter that still I.D's will do very well..you will find sat recovers faster too in trash if you can watch the meter....

Keith