Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

F75 eliptical 6.5 x 3.5 coil.How good is it.

Posted by whigsvolt 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
F75 eliptical 6.5 x 3.5 coil.How good is it.
December 14, 2013 11:32AM
I am considering buying the Fisher f75 Eliptical coil 6.5 inch x 3.5 inch.
How does it compare to the 5 inch dd and is it worth buying.
I already have the 5 inch coil.
Thanks
Keith
Re: F75 eliptical 6.5 x 3.5 coil.How good is it.
December 14, 2013 12:16PM
Having and using both coils, I've never put the 6" back on. I used it twice and never liked it for old coins in high trash/iron areas. I prefer the 5".

I know you didn't ask about the 11", but it is my personal favorite, even in high nail/iron areas. The areas I detect, the old coins are usually deeper than the 5" can reach. I'm going by my results,.....now that could be the luck of having the coil at or in the right position at that time, and doesn't mean the 5" is less of a coil. For coins in the vicinity of 0" to 6" depth, with high trash, the 5" may, outshine the 11".

You said you have the 5" and probably the 11"......great combo, and that's all you need.
December 14, 2013 07:33PM
I personally like the 6 1/2" a lot in moderate trash spots. Does a great job on bottle cap id. Where I use it the most, though, is for woods relic and old coin hunting. I can stick into and under brush that the bigger 11" can't get into. And, it does have nice depth. HH jim tn
December 14, 2013 09:33PM
Thanks for the comments so far.
Look forward to seeing more on this comparison between the two coils.
Keith
Whiggy
December 14, 2013 10:45PM
The should help you I.D, crown caps better...

But the F75 T2 is engineered to run DD coil's...

Unless you are really having a problem with some sort of bothersome tin or botle caps the 5 inch DD is the one I would lean to for flowing performance.....

unless you need a specialty coil that is....but if you just want to spend money well thats up to you to.LOL!!

if you coin hunt in a areas littered with recent vintage you may find better I.D. with the eliptical but if you stay in iron trying to unmask ancient sites the 5 DD is the ultimate coil ..

just my take

Keith