Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

First trip to the salt water beach tomorrow with my CZ70

Posted by Cal_cobra 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
First trip to the salt water beach tomorrow with my CZ70
January 21, 2010 08:08AM
I hope it does well smiling smiley
Re: First trip to the salt water beach tomorrow with my CZ70
January 22, 2010 02:06AM
If the ID mode is a bit 'chattery'..........you may want to try 'auto-tune' mode with Sens on '10' and Vol on '10'.
January 23, 2010 10:42AM
Hi Tom,

We went to Santa Cruz during the middle of a big storm erosion event, unfortunately there just wasn't enough erosion to get to the pockets of goodies. The CZ70 ran really well at the beach in ID mode, but oddly only if the "salt mode" was off.

Brian
January 23, 2010 11:52AM
Hmmmmm. That's VERY unusual. Almost sounds like the Salt/Normal mode is reversed. But................what really matters................is that the unit does have a usable set-up mode that can work at the beach.
January 26, 2010 09:43PM
Tom how can I tell if the Salt/Normal mode is reversed? It seems to work OK on the turf in "normal" mode.
January 27, 2010 05:02AM
KNOCK EM DEAD and find that gold ring the last Excaliber missed!
Aaron
January 27, 2010 12:42PM
On MOST wet-salt beaches..... a CZ will not ground balance (or even function) in the 'normal' (sometimes called 'dirt) mode.........and you MUST be in the 'Salt' mode. Only a 'factory salt ring' (a test tool/test-standard) will validate if Salt mode (and normal mode) are functioning properly.
January 28, 2010 08:36AM
I took the CZ to the beach again today and it ran smooth as could be with the 'Salt' mode....strange eh? Last week when I was at the beach it was pouring rain, makes me wonder if the HEAVY rain was affecting the salt/normal setting?
January 29, 2010 02:13AM
Dry sand that becomes wet from rain...... is NOT wet salt.....and does not need 'salt' mode to operate correctly (a good thing).
January 29, 2010 02:40PM
I was mainly detecting in the wet salt sand near the surf line both trips. Just is odd that one trip salt mode was not stable at a salt water beach, and another trip to the same beach it's working fine. I dunno....as long as it works, one way or the other, that's all that matters smiling smiley
January 30, 2010 01:21AM
Here's what I found yesterday at the beach with the CZ70 (lil gold, lil silver:

[www.findmall.com]

hh,
Brian
January 30, 2010 02:05AM
Brian, , , nice gold ring. I would keep a mental log on the salt/normal status/requirement on your CZ.....each time you hunt the beach. You may see a pattern develop.
January 30, 2010 03:18AM
YOU THE MAN

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!