Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

I know alot of guys dont like BP mode in dense iron

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
I know alot of guys dont like BP mode in dense iron
December 21, 2013 02:11AM
Yet the more I run My Proper T2 S.E. in iron using the BP mode.. the more in Awe I am of the finds its capable of...

I was using the GMP today and the T2 S.E. 5-inch coil Boosted 99 sens. and they both found different target's in this well hunted site yet the most remarkable today was the small cuff flower button extra quality backmark Civil war period.. it was deep in nails the 5x10 GMP just plain did not hit it...I did not ttry the 9 inch GMP on it but I have swing this area tightly since the Script I Confederate button came out of here a few weeks back..

So again I have un wavering appreciation for the BP mode 99 sens...

And again I find the set up to I.D. deep iron better than any thing I have used to date.....Alot of the high tones you get on the normal mode turn strictly iron tone on B.P..and when checked to be sure its iron....

I wonder what it is that a weaker machine likes high tone iron target's...the GMP loves to do it with the weak 5x10 coil... the normal T2 mode likes to do it especially wiht the 5 co...The B.P. mode is very sure of itself..I guess weaker machines can read it but cant really tell what it is when its right on the edge of hearing it and not hearing it...maybe a wrap around effect because of weak I.D.

heres the button its quite small yet was at a decent 9 inches...few small nail's in the hole also...

By the way the Rebs loved to wear these style buttons ....they were guilded as is this one but its about worn off...and very close to the Script I hole ...

Boost was showing off today in this site against the GMP 5x10....canteen spout, watch gear , and Clock Key....All deep yet the 5 incher has no problem peaking between the iron debris and still nabbing the deeper non-ferrous..

If the New FT machine adds a few options to the platform to compete I think we will be amazed...

Dont think im knocking the GMP wiht the 5x10 it will see things the T2 BP cant ..to be honest this spot is not the best to use theGMP with 5x10 .. too much pine straw...

but its nice to have both to work a site with..

Keith

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2013 03:07AM by Keith Southern.
Re: I know alot of guys dont like BP mode in dense iron
December 21, 2013 03:57AM
Nice :-)

and good write up here Keith...

How about this one? >> [www.ebay.com]

I'm 1/2 tempted to jump on it myself!
December 21, 2013 06:02AM
Hey Wayne!

Nice Compass for sure...yet if it were me I would hold out for the 77b Auto....it makes a big difference in the iron...the 77b you will have to keep retuning it constantly...

the auto will do it for you...another thing to remember on the 77's...it mat take you a dozen sites to find a site that it works in...By this I mean a site that is laid out right for it...

a 77 works best wiht sites with small iron that is close to the surface or exposed...like the airid ghost towns of the west with no grass or pinstraw layer on top of it...it needs to be a site that has not really been disturbed and the non ferrous is intermingled with small nails close to or on te surface..

the 100kHz really does not report the nails yet sees other objects masked by the nails...but becasue it does nto rpeort the nails dos not mean the nails are not causing distrtion of the signal...

I have had a a few in my time and the 77b auto was the way to go IF YOU REQUIRE ONE....but it may take awhile to find the right spot to hunt with it to an advantage..

I could not find sites to use it in hardly.. and to be honest just learn a DEUS...or even a Gold Bug...

thank's

Keith
December 21, 2013 05:35PM
Hey Keith-----Back in the 1970's, I used to have a Compass Relic Magnum.----What's your opinion on that one?---------Del
December 21, 2013 10:24PM
Hey Del never used one...I had the Judge and I will pass on that one LOL!!

sorry I cant be of more help...

nowday's the early compass machines only seem to have a following with the 77b/auto...

the newer compass' like the Gold Scanner Pro still very much hold their own even Today in certian aspect's...

Keith
December 22, 2013 04:44PM
Hey Keith you ever hunt the iron with the XL-PRO/6000 with the 5.3 coil and SAT.MODE as I hear some relic hunters have good luck hunting this way? I'm sure some are tired of me bringing up this oldie but goodie,But it is still popular with a lot of old school relic hunters to this day. And the last XL-PRO's were last made in 2007 I believe so not as old as some may think.
December 22, 2013 06:55PM
Yes Harold many times I have hunted iron with that setup...

And to be honest the SAT mode is the faster recovery of the modes available on the XL...

Yet it is all metal mode...so you have to use your eyes on the meter constantly..and the meter is sensitive..

but I have never seen an advantage in dense iron by not just staying in G.E.B. disc mode and turning the signal balance all the way up and it will allow you to slow down the swep speed...and since the XL reports the tone with the meter anyways it is less fatiguing...I like to use it like this in less irony sites...but in desne iron it just wont unmask like a lot of machines can...yes the SAT all metal retunes shutsdown between target's faster but the I.D. is generated from the G.E.B. mode for easy explanation and its not as quick as the SAT retune so not much help since it still lag's..so I opt for the GEB and just listen for the smoother and at times broken hit's...

now what is funny the machine at times will pull some targets out of well hunted iron spots even in the GEB mode if you listen..I just last year pulled a couple of Deep Shield Nickle's out of a spot that was producing me some Seated Liberty's with the 705.....for some reason the XL just jumped on those 2 Shields about 11 inches deep but left an Indian at depth that the tejon nabbed easily at about 12 inches,,now this was in an area of the house site that was not saturated with iron...and it goes against the thought of freq Vs conductance...but then again the Shield is a bigger target...

So I say you have the best analog machine's ever bult I believe,,,TOO BAD THERE WAS NOT A MANUAL GROUND BAL OPTION....And at times the pro will open a new door...

I like to have a low freq detector in the arsenal...You have a good one...And your right its not that old...maybe Whites will update that machine one day and reatian the meter...I love that meter for deep hunting in SAT mode in open ground...Best all metal mode ever made was the old school analog whites.. the treshold steadiness and sensitivity was/is awesome..

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2013 06:56PM by Keith Southern.
December 22, 2013 10:53PM
Thanks for the reply and just one more thing. I haven't had a chance to use the SAT.MODE in the field as winter hit hard. I was just playing around air testing and it seems to me to be more modulated than disc. where the deeper the target the softer the tone. I was thinking this would be easier to hunt with than hunting in GEB.DISC. as you can just listen for the softer hits and then check the meter?
December 23, 2013 05:16PM
Keith --

Thanks for the SUPERB write-up!

Makes me wish SO MUCH that my Gold Bug had a boost process...

Steve
December 26, 2013 02:47AM
steveg Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Keith --
>
> Thanks for the SUPERB write-up!
>
> Makes me wish SO MUCH that my Gold Bug had a boost
> process...
>
> Steve

That would be a KILLER Machine, maybe that's what 1st Tex is working on!!!!
December 26, 2013 02:44PM
We can hope, Mark!

Steve
December 26, 2013 05:04PM
Keith.......there are times when I wish that you would make a DVD of you hunting trashy sites with various machines (especially the GMP of course!) but also the T2SE and others. I'll just be frank with ya: I'd pay top dollar for a DVD of you simply hunting, how you swing, how you decide when to dig, things of that nature. I have watched NasaTom's DVD on Inland Hunting over and over and over. One can learn ALOT from just watching an experienced detectorists "doing his thing".
I realize that my post is not exactly in line with the topic. But I was just thinking about that. Y'all have a great day!!!