Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

THIS IS BULL-DOOKY!

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
THIS IS BULL-DOOKY!
December 22, 2013 08:11PM
How'd you like to look out the window and see THIS crap on any day of the week when all you wanna do is go diggin and/but then realize there's still another 3 MONTHS of this BS to deal with!?

Photos taken today (12/22/13) in my neighborhood :-/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2013 08:18PM by MichiganRelicHunter.
Re: THIS IS BULL-DOOKY!
December 22, 2013 08:34PM
I think its going to be in the lower 80s today in Florida...
December 22, 2013 09:46PM
Yep winter is depressing. It's actually been warm here all weekend, but raining the whole time. We had a record high today of 72°.
December 22, 2013 09:50PM
You need a winter home in Arizona! Lol
December 22, 2013 09:58PM
Los Alamos Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You need a winter home in Arizona! Lol

Amen to that!

Or at least a vacation down south/southwest someplace for a good week or 2 every yr on a detecting adventure just to hold me over til spring ;-)
December 22, 2013 10:04PM
I'm here in New Mexico, can pretty much hunt all winter. Just hooked up with a rancher who has 10,000 acres here, has the Old Spanish Trail and also the Santa Fe going through his ranch, just might have to ask him if he wants to "adopt" another kid! Lol
December 22, 2013 11:25PM
That's BEAUTIFUL!!!-----Lord knows I seen enough of it during my working years though.----It's sunny lands for this old man now! ha ha
December 22, 2013 11:35PM
Man I hate it for ya...

its nice to look at but I hate it.

I cant stand cold weather the least bit...I get out in it but I cant concentrate...

Heck down this way when it's in the upper 40's for a high I sort of get uncomfortable, luckily we usually float in the upper 50's to mid 60's in the winter...

Yesterday's high here at the House was 73...

I record the weather in a log...I like to notice patterns on sites I hunt by the rain and temp's and what times of day's I hunt the site's to try and build a pattern up..

I love to hunt a hard hit site in the late spring after a heavy electrical storm...the atmosphere becomes so quite the next 12-18 hours after it passes...

Jut checking my rain gauge and since midnight Im at 2.67 inches... its coming down ....ought to make for some nice Christmas hunting...I have alwasy go on a hunt Christmas day as long as I can remember.. Sort of a tradition..

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2013 11:38PM by Keith Southern.
December 23, 2013 12:28AM
You might want to get on line and look up CABIN FEVER.... that away you know what the signs are. 86 here today.....

Dew
December 23, 2013 12:49AM

Keith Southern Wrote:
Man I hate it for ya...

its nice to look at but I hate it. I cant stand cold weather the least bit...I get out in it but I cant concentrate...

Heck down this way when it's in the upper 40's for a high I sort of get uncomfortable, luckily we usually float in the upper 50's to mid 60's in the winter...

Yesterday's high here at the House was 73... I record the weather in a log...I like to notice patterns on sites I hunt by the rain and temp's and what times of day's I hunt the site's to try and build a pattern up..
I love to hunt a hard hit site in the late spring after a heavy electrical storm...the atmosphere becomes so quite the next 12-18 hours after it passes... Jut checking my rain gauge and since midnight Im at 2.67 inches... its coming down ....
ought to make for some nice Christmas hunting...I have alwasy go on a hunt Christmas day as long as I can remember.. Sort of a tradition..

Keith

I hear ya Keith -- it's nice to "look at"

but

I can't stand it either -- and every yr it gets worse for me too (my tolerance for it) -- I'm at less than zero tolerance now so you can only imagine how I feel!!

And this yr it came way too early -- way too hard...

The last 2 yrs I was hunting right up until January before it snowed too much and the ground became frozen but not this yr -- this time it hit mid Nov. and hasn't quit since...

We had 1 week where the temps went up to around 40 and it melted the snow and softened the ground just enough to get a couple of hunts in right at the 1st of December but then it came back full force and is as you see it now!

I most likely won't be able to dig until spring now (mid to end of March) here in Michigan before it starts to thaw and to where the ground is at least "somewhat" diggable again but then it's still cold though (30s to around 40 or so during the day)... We usually can't dig on a regular basis of any sort until mid April here and usually up to around mid December for an avg. (8 months of the yr) unless you get lucky with an early spring or a late winter or both!
December 23, 2013 01:34AM
Yes, Michigan Relic Hunter......I can see where your coming from. Maybe someday.......a move/transfer will be in order. Maybe. But when it is thawed, I bet ya got some great sites to hit, eh?
December 23, 2013 03:41AM
dude that sucks!Cmon down to Sunny NoCal...i hiked down in a canyon today and detected i. tshirt. And if ya think ya miss it,you only have to drive 45minutes and be knee deep in that crap.
December 23, 2013 07:43AM
Yeah, I don't miss Wi for a minute! Been out of there almost 7 years already.
December 23, 2013 10:47AM
Yea, it is nice to look at,... the first day. We could do with one less season around here in Pa......stretch out fall or spring to fill the gap. All the snow melted as the temps were oddly, 68 degrees yesterday and raining. Now everything is mush.....It will freeze back up shortly.

If I get too antsy, I can get to the N.J. shore in a couple hrs.....Stripers are running. Detecting and fishing at the same time can be tricky....can't wander too far from the spike, unless you can do the hundred yard dash in 5 seconds........best I can do the 100 in, is about 75 seconds....Ha..by then I could be chasing my rig into the surf. ...It's all fun though...
December 23, 2013 01:49PM
Ever thought of moving????....N.J. shores is a good idea and took the gamblers bus for 10 yrs in younger years. Found coins back to seated and even an 1781 realle. and some nice gold rings.
Salt water enviroments never freeze but dress warn and headphones make dandy earmuffs. Cabin fever indeed but always those sledding hills and one fellow I knew hunted the commercial lots where the snow was piled...
December 23, 2013 01:54PM
Yep, I know how you feel.
Corey
December 23, 2013 04:30PM
well if you live where you can hunt old relics from the war then I would say its worth the wait

LowBoy

TAKE A LITTLE TIME KICKBACK AND WATCH SOME OF MY DETECTING VIDEO'S BELOW ON YouTube

[www.youtube.com]

If you don’t dig it, then how are you going to know what you’re missing!
How can you have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat!
December 24, 2013 07:31PM

Kevin B Wrote:
Yes, Michigan Relic Hunter......I can see where your coming from.
Maybe someday.......a move/transfer will be in order. Maybe.
But when it is thawed, I bet ya got some great sites to hit, eh?

I don't know about the moving thing Kevin

a 2nd residence in a warm state would be more like it if I can ever swing it (or maybe a motor home and 3 months wintering someplace warm)!

I do have some good hunting grounds around this area so I wouldn't wanna give that up!

Deathray wrote:
--------------------------------------------
dude that sucks!Cmon down to Sunny NoCal...i hiked down in a canyon today and detected i. tshirt. And if ya think ya miss it,you only have to drive 45minutes and be knee deep in that crap.

Don't know if I could handle all the liberals out that way Ray! Not fond of "Fire season" or earthquake season either! --- just messin with you ;-)

it does sound tempting for a bit just to get away from this crap though!

possum mo wrote:
-------------------------------------------------
Yeah, I don't miss Wi for a minute! Been out of there almost 7 years already.

Lucky!

ozzie wrote:
-----------------------------------------------
Yea, it is nice to look at,... the first day. We could do with one less season around here in Pa......stretch out fall or spring to fill the gap. All the snow melted as the temps were oddly, 68 degrees yesterday and raining. Now everything is mush.....It will freeze back up shortly.

If I get too antsy, I can get to the N.J. shore in a couple hrs.....Stripers are running. Detecting and fishing at the same time can be tricky....can't wander too far from the spike, unless you can do the hundred yard dash in 5 seconds........best I can do the 100 in, is about 75 seconds....Ha..by then I could be chasing my rig into the surf. ...It's all fun though...

Fishin and detectin yr round - can't get any better than that!

Gotta get yourself a wetsuit though ozzie - you won't have to worry about the surf at that point :-)

Dan-Pa. wrote:
----------------------------------------------------------
Ever thought of moving????....N.J. shores is a good idea and took the gamblers bus for 10 yrs in younger years. Found coins back to seated and even an 1781 realle. and some nice gold rings.
Salt water enviroments never freeze but dress warn and headphones make dandy earmuffs. Cabin fever indeed but always those sledding hills and one fellow I knew hunted the commercial lots where the snow was piled...

Sounds like a good time for sure Dan and I too sometimes hunt the snow piles around parking lots/etc. where plows push the snow -- have found a couple of rings myself that way :-)

docbars wrote:
------------------------------------------------------------------
Yep, I know how you feel.
Corey

yep = sux!

Lawrenzo wrote:
----------------------------------------------------------
well if you live where you can hunt old relics from the war then I would say its worth the wait

LowBoy

Not a lot of war relics here lowboy but I do find CW buttons on occasion at home sites and time period stuff too but there wasn't really any war action in Michigan so the actual/typical war relics are few and far between.

HH all and Merry Christmas!
December 24, 2013 09:20PM
You need a winter hobby to fill the gap. When the summers down here in Florida get too hot to hunt, I catch up on my reading.