Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

An idea for Garrett or someone that want's to run with this (ATX middle/lower rod for infinium coils)

Posted by Old California 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Here's a lower/middle rod I made about a year ago, For the Recon but now that I hear Infinium DD coils will work with the ATX this will be great for those wanting to use Infinium DD coils with the ATX.

Is adjustable but not to the degree as the ATX coils due to the cable, Still can adjust to ones height or will collapse for certain types of hunting so still a decent shaft.

The reason why I'm posting this is maybe Garrett or someone with time and $$$ can produce these for ATX users, It's a bit lighter than the standard ATX shaft but as I said due to the Infininum cable will not fully collapse. However, Will use any of the Infinium DD coils so no need to have a shaft for each coil.

Have an idea for another shaft, Light and sporty looking completely different than this first prototype yet still be a neat shaft for the ATX allowing usage of Infinium DD coils.

Might as well spring for an ATX now, Have the 5"X10" DD with lower/middle for it now :biggrin:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/26/2013 10:28AM by Old California.
nice Paul!
Thanks Ray,

Thought it was a neat project to share with those having a Recon or ATX, This home made lower/middle shaft will work with both the Recon and ATX using any of the DD coils. Hopefully from the pics others can get a general idea how to make one parts can be purchased from any local hardware store $35-40 bucks at most.

The neat thing about this is a user can change out a coil and use another the not shaft isn't limited to one coil, Funny thing never did I image this would work on a future Pi such as the ATX.

Anyway, Here a few more pics hopefully one can make their own from the pics.

Thanks again Ray and Happy New Years!
Paul (Ca)