Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Deus getting noisey

Posted by Pac man 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Deus getting noisey
December 28, 2013 12:00AM
Started getting some extra noise lately. Adjusted the sensitivity and TX power with only slight improvement.Then I noticed that if I taped the coil with my finger it would sound off. Tried all 4 freq. with the same results.

Could the coil have developed a problem?

Thanks
Pacman
Re: Deus getting noisey
December 28, 2013 12:31AM
hmmmmm

doesn't sound so good :-/

I know if I bounce mine off of something like a shrub/scrub tree or the like it will chirp but not during normal use. Sometimes in extremely wet grass it will sound off a bit too.

I have however ran into emi problems hunting directly under power lines to where I had to drop the sens. down to like 70 to get it to shut up and run stable but very seldom.

Let us know what you figure out.

MRH
December 28, 2013 02:59AM
Check your ground bal..

If its in Manual and ran down too low it will false on everything it touches...

Keith
December 28, 2013 12:04PM
Yea Keith I checked the GB several times. I did not see how it would react in tracking but just for the heck of it I will try and see if any changes.
I can tap the top of the coil on the charger side and it really sounds off.

I also noticed that it seems like the tone is drawn out and not sharp like it was but I need to check some more.
Not sure if XP America is open today but will give them a call this am.

I had another problem the other day. I completely lost the expert function under senestivity in all freq.. Finally pluged it in and went Thur. The update process and the expert option returned.

Doggone it I hate to send it in but not looking real good right not.

I need a backup. Putting some thought into a MXT pro.

Cheers
Pacman
December 28, 2013 02:27PM
Keith thanks for the wake up.

I put the Deus in tracking and it ran 10 to 12 points higher than it would GB when using pumping. Quiet as a church mouse now.

10 plus points sure seems like a large spread. From. 72 to 85. Now I wonder which is the most accurate!

Could not tell any difference in depth in the garden but the ID numbers settled down some with the higher GB setting from tracking

Man I have a lot to learn.

Pacman
December 29, 2013 05:11PM
What does the screen say your ground mineralization is vs. what your unit is running/tracking??? The top number is what the ground mineralization actually is and the bottom number is what your unit is running at. Generally, you want 3 points higher on the lower number.

"Happy hunting" - Schultzie