Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

wtb 4.5x7 excelerator coil for etrac, hoping

Posted by John 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
wtb 4.5x7 excelerator coil for etrac, hoping
December 31, 2013 01:45AM
I would get lucky and find one someone didnt seem to need/use.
Thanks,
John
wjs
Re: wtb 4.5x7 excelerator coil for etrac, hoping
December 31, 2013 12:36PM
Sent you a pm,,,,,Better hurry.....;o)
December 31, 2013 03:56PM
That little 4.5x7 is one of the best DDs ever made. It is big enough to cover ground and hunts inbetween trash very well. I just fround out that it will work on the VX3 just as well as the MXT. I have a 8" round Excelerator but it don,t work on the VX3 like the 4.5x7. I think you will like the 4.5x7 when you get one.
December 31, 2013 05:21PM
Yes thanks wjs. I just missed out on that one. Seems Im always a day late and dollar short,lol.
HH,
John
December 31, 2013 10:24PM
It is a good coil john! I bought mine used last year. Just keep an eye out in the classifieds.
December 31, 2013 11:40PM
John --

I have a SunRay X-5, and a 4.5x7...I don't need both. I had intended to sell the X-5, but I guess I could possibly sell the 4.5x7. I'm not ready to do it right yet, but if you strike out completely, trying to find one over the next couple of weeks, let me know...and I'll consider it more strongly.

Steve
January 01, 2014 03:00AM
Hey thanks Steve, but Id never feel right buying it from you,just because I want one. Never can tell, one may pop up somewhere.
Happy New Year,
John
January 01, 2014 05:10AM
John
Do you want to try one before you buy? I can send you mine for a few weeks and see if you like it or not.
Corey
January 01, 2014 06:40AM
Thanks for the kindness. You guys are the best. I will get one eventually.
Happy New Year
John
January 01, 2014 06:55AM
John -- not a big deal! Both the X-5 and the 4.5x7 have their strengths, IMO...so I wouldn't lose sleep over having either one, in the end. Seriously, if you totally strike out, let me know...

Steve
January 01, 2014 08:42PM
Best small coil available for the FBS...

great depth,great separation... likes small target's...handles iron falsing extremely well compared to the 5 incher sunray or 6 inch excellerator...resonates target's well...

Keith
January 01, 2014 10:56PM
Keith...

I do agree that the little I've used it, it DOES handle the falsing better than the 5" SunRay...

Steve
January 01, 2014 11:18PM
Buy a new one and get it on the way - you won't regret it!

Best little coil for the Etrac ever :-)

I've never seen such a small coil penetrate so deep - it goes as deep or deeper than the 11" that comes on the etrac

and target separation is unbelievable!
January 01, 2014 11:22PM
Steve take the 5 inch FT coil and run it in normal.. listen to the faint false high tone's in iron...turn the BP mode on and listen to the solid deep iron grunt's..

you will know why the 4.5x7 does not false on iron as bad as the 5 or 6 inch coil's..

Keith
January 02, 2014 12:52AM
Keith -- while I don't have an F75 SE/LTD (thus no boost process), your point is well taken. If the 4.5x7 is a deeper coil, then it will ID the iron more accurately to a deeper depth...

What's interesting, though, is I don't think that's all of it. Air testing (yes, I know that's not "real world") showed my 5" SunRay to be a bit DEEPER than my 4.5x7 (I have a super-hot SunRay)...but...the 4.5x7 was noticeably less falsy in the iron than the SunRay...hunting in the same patch of ground, over a 24-hour time period. My guess was that it may be the shape of the coil in some way, making it less "falsy," or perhaps that being that my particular SunRay is just super-hot, it is thus more "sparky" in iron...

I don't know...

Steve
January 02, 2014 01:36AM
Its how the Elliptical sees through the dirt Steve...even though it may not airtest as well as your sunray....(you may have a hot sunray) Its how the 4.5x7 sees in the dirt.. where it matter's.. it gets a better READ..

For the BP mode I mentioned its how it sees in the dirt that matters.. same coil but the machine is looking longer slowing down...

in other words the BP comparison was showing us that we get a better look at the target through processing...

the FBS 4.5 x7 coil Vs 5 inch or 6 inch is showing it gets a better look in the dirt through coil design..

two approaches to GET A BETTER VIEW OF A TARGET!

Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2014 01:37AM by Keith Southern.
January 02, 2014 02:38AM
Very interesting, Keith. So I wasn't quite "on" with what you were saying about Boosting the 5" coil...you were talking about the different processing (slower) allowing a better "look" at the target...and that the 4.5x7 also gets a different "look" at the target, but instead of through different processing, through different coil design...

Makes sense...

THANKS for the info.

Steve
January 02, 2014 03:24AM
In the dirt the BP mode really does not give much or little at all depth gain as I can see.. but what it does do is give a more reliable target I.D. with the push of a button...

All coils seem to be deep on the FBS detector's...but the 4.5x7 gives better I.D. has to be the design...

I find more targets with boost mode in iron not becasue it deeper its because it I.D.s better, both modes hear the targets' for the most part yet BP is more accurate with what it decides it is!Weird is it not...I get more High tones in normal on the T2 s.e. but I dig more non ferrous target's wiht the B.P. mode and less iron false chasing. its more sure of itself believe it or not...

Dirt see through is huge in correct I.D. Iron See though for back of better words is huge for I.D.

imagine if we could get a P.I. to I.D. it would be immenesley more reliable if it can be done because of the SEE THROUGH DIRT performance it has..

We want more and more depth yet we still dont have reliable depth for what we have now...

We still dont have intelligent depth YET!

Very good observations Steve!

Keith
January 02, 2014 03:35AM
Keith -- I understand what you are saying about boost...and I think I misunderstood some of the nuance there, in the past. I now see what you are saying, about the "accuracy" of the ID, due to the different processing of the boost process...it "sees into the dirt" better...

Very interesting. Anytime you get to talking, it's interesting, Keith! Poke and prod you long enough, until you start talking...and then sit back and take notes... winking smiley

A P.I. with ID capability? If that rolls down the pike, look out...

Steve
January 06, 2014 10:26PM
I have a 4.5x7 ordered from Kellyco. Want to say JW was very nice to deal with and I will purchase from him again!!!!!
Steve, man I want to thank you again for your offer,youre a sandup guy. Youll do to ride the river with.
Kieth, Ive got a question or would like for you to explain something if you dont mind.
Up above in this thread, you were explaining to Steve the benefit of the elipitical coil and how it reads or sees the target and was also talking about bp mode (Im sure on the F75 or TE).
I read a post by Tom (hope I recall correctly) when he had an ETrac to test. He stated that when in manual sensitivity and above a certain number (cant recall the number) that the ETrac seems to go into a sort of boost mode. IF, this is the case,then will the same apply to the ETrac (as the Fisher units) using the 4.5x7 inch coil??
Or if any of you guys using the 4.5x7 coil want to give me your experience, I would appreciate it.
Thanks,
John
January 06, 2014 10:44PM
Glad you got the coil. You will like it. I think when you run your Etrac in manual set at 26 and up it is sort of like a boost mode.
Corey
January 06, 2014 11:03PM
Glad you got the coil John...

You probably wont take it off from here on out unless you need more coverage...

Yes the 4.5x7 will allow you to run Hotter than you may have been used to for the plain fact that it is less effected by ground mineral and such..as it is seeing less..

You will aslo find it to like smaller targets than you may have been previously used to finding with a FBS platform.. ( again the beauty of elliptical design)..

And yes there is sort of a Boost mode that takes place on the machine above say 27 or so I believe it is..

Report back when you get a chance to run it...

I have talked to numerous people about this coil since I first enjoyed it myself, and so far no complaint's from the direction they took after discussing it ...most people are on the fence about the small coil on which to get .. the 5 inch sunray or the 6 inch excellerator...well I have had and used them all and theres no comparison for trash than going with the 4.5x7...And you get a little extra depth to boot for a small coil Vs the other's...(Useable Intelligent Depth)

I actually bought a Explorer for the sole reason of wanting to try that coil....

Another thing that may be of interest to you .. and its an avenue I never did explore on the FBS.. is the 5x10 joey coil that is available from another manufacturer...I imagine it doing wonders in bad dirt for the ability to run higher gains more easily..???? yet I do not have first hand Knowledge.. maybe One day will find a combo to try...

Keith
January 06, 2014 11:27PM
John --

Very glad you got the coil, I think you will like it. And I was glad to try and help... winking smiley

Steve
January 08, 2014 05:27PM
Good deal

excellent coil for the Etrac

it's my fav coil for the E in trash/iron work - separates like no ones business and deep too :-)

HH

MRH
Wayne
January 10, 2014 03:57AM
bump