Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Dug deep for this one......for I have found several. Please ID.

Posted by Kevin B 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Dug deep for this one......for I have found several. Please ID.
January 04, 2014 03:20AM
Hi guys and gal. I spent half an hour with my WW2 entrenching tool digging this iron item from under a jumble of large roots. It was around 10 inches deep. I have found them at old homesites before. Perhaps they are a side handle for old trunks that people used to put all of their belongings in when traveling. This mystery needs to come to a merciful end. I now have about 6 or 7 of these. It just came out of my electrolysis tank. It was VERY rusty. But I like old items like this.......but I would like them alot more if I could establish their reason for being. Can anyone holp me out? Much obliged. kevin

Re: Dug deep for this one......for I have found several. Please ID.
January 04, 2014 03:24AM
sure does look like a handle Kevin. But i dont know. Ray
January 04, 2014 03:27AM
Very well could be Kevin, sounds like a good call to me.
January 04, 2014 12:21PM
Could they be handles for a cooking pot of some sort?
January 04, 2014 02:11PM
Handle likely but for what don't know, perhaps next time you will find the complete object...
January 04, 2014 06:33PM
They are handles/pivot clasp etc.. Im sure Kevin..I have a box full of them all different sizes..its the pivot type so probably off farm implemenst since theres so many found...maybe even off the wagon.. theres a lot of those swingy things on them...Plows had alot of hardware on them to for strap and such...

Keith
January 05, 2014 01:41PM
I appreciate the replies to each one you. I n fact, I appreciate each one of you!!!!