Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Need schooling on CZ metal detectors

Posted by Whimpster 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Need schooling on CZ metal detectors
January 05, 2014 04:57PM
If you were only allowed one CZ model detector what would it be?
I'm looking to add ONLY one to my metal detector stable ....I live near saltwater beaches and also want an all around CZ detector.

Thanks Bob.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2014 02:20AM by Whimpster.
Re: Need schooling on CZ metal detectors
January 05, 2014 05:29PM
CZ20/21 if you plan on getting in salt water at any point

CZ6a if only hunting the beach areas near the sea

don't need an ID meter but the 6a has one

either one makes a good all arounder as for a CZ but the 20/21 can hunt water submersed
January 05, 2014 11:02PM
Any CZ is a great beach detector. If it is going in the water the 20/21 is the one to choose, but it is locked in salt mode and I really, really like normal/enhanced for dry sand and non-beach hunting. If warranty is a concern or 4 tone I'd think new or newer 3D. Most seem to prefer analogue (knobs) over digital (buttons with GB knob).

Past(or)Tom
Using a Legend, a Deus 2, an Equinox 800, a Tarsacci MDT 8000, & a few others...
with my beloved, fading Corgi, Sadie
January 06, 2014 12:57AM
CZ6a if you can find one. The only thing it can't do is go under water( or run without headphones. Well, it can, but you just can't hear anything !).
January 06, 2014 04:08AM
Do you want to hit the water? If you do you need a water machine and you can not go past the CZ21. This is the latest version of the CZ20.

For simple warranty or machine fixups if ever required stick with a CZ21. These machines are constantly locked in salt mode. If you want to detect the dry sand as suggested

you could you use a CZ6a or a CZ3D. The only issue in my opinion is the ergonomics of the cz6a or 3d if using it all day long so it might be an idea to get yourself a

hipmount or harness of some sort but the question is do you need to look at the screen and do you need to use the pin point button?

The CZ platform is awesome. Fisher need to introduce a light weight Digital version of the CZ.

For the dry sand at this point in time I will be using a G2.

Joe from Aus
CZ3D, G2, Garrett Sea Hunter M2
January 06, 2014 07:38AM
If your going to get a cz20/21, look around for a good used cz20. The 20 is the old fisher and the 21 is the new fisher so the same depth issues exist that hey have with the cz3d.
Hip mount your control box on your left hip if you are right handed and then you can use you left hand for the pin point button. It also allows you to put your headphone cable behind you back out of the way.
That works well for me, hope it helps. The cz5 is the other option, and although not splash proof may be a little easier to find than the cz6a

good hunting
January 06, 2014 01:55PM
Reason CZ6A was advised initially its weather resistant-splash proof to cover the beach environment. Any CZ should work well on the beach and as we have lots of CZ experience on this forum any questions fire away..Best saltwater beach units I have used are a CZ6A and the older Sov's....
January 06, 2014 03:32PM
ON The CZ70 PRO, is splash proof like the others? I was thinking of taking my 70 Pro to the beach this spring, and though it was splash proof if a wave would hit me. I won,t be out in the water very deep. I just don,t like it out there. I have a chest mount that will keep it a little higher, and though about putting a bag or something over it. Is there anything that i need to do to set it up for beach hunting, other than a good ground balance? Thanks Flintstone
January 06, 2014 05:42PM
Do yourself a favor and if you plan to hunt in saltwater one slip or one wave can cost you a CZ...Salt water is super corrosive and will ruin a circuit board...
Guess that's why they make a CZ21 and even then after a hunt would clean it well....Have heard or fellows washing them with a hose and others going down in a light rain so take notice...I would think weather resistant is more like it and use accordingly...I always ground balanced in the area I was hunting so if used in dry sand or in water balance accordingly.
January 06, 2014 07:47PM
I agree with Dan in that whenever actually in the water (even ankle deep), a water proof unit is by far the best in terms of worry free fun. Heck, when I hunt the suds with my straight rod mounted CZ6a ( which has the control box high up off the ground), I have a tehter/rope attached to the rod and my belt in case it slips out of my hand. Lots of times it is hard to gauge what mother nature will throw at you, wave wise, and I have been in ankle deep suds where all of a sudden it's knee deep.

Also, nothing like a full freshwater bath on a detector and rod assembly after a salt water hunt. Even the salt air will do a number after several hunts.
January 06, 2014 11:09PM
Thank you to all that have responded to my post...guess I'll start looking for a CZ6a,sounds like a good all around beach wet and dry sand detector....not looking for a water & surf detector just yetsmiling smiley

Whats a reasonable price for a used CZ6a....??

Thanks Bob.
January 07, 2014 01:51AM
Yes....... CZ-70 is splashproof.
January 07, 2014 02:16AM
NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes....... CZ-70 is splashproof.

Tom, Is there anything that i need to do to make the CZ70 PRO work better other than keep it ground balance right? What coil is best, I have all three? Thanks Flintstone
January 07, 2014 02:36AM
In ID mode...... If you can run Sens on '6' ..... this is 'max depth' and 'minimum width'.
All 3 coils have their place........ dictated by volume of trash..... and percentage of mineralization.
January 07, 2014 02:50PM
No reflection Tom but splashproof takes on another meaning on older CZ's relative the age of the rubbers and their abilities to make them so. As I aforementioned heard of fellows washing them off with a hose and other going down in a light rain so be careful lest you fry a circuit board. Speaking from experience as my original CZ6A way back when went down in a light rain but dried in about a week and worked perfect but if it was salt water imagine would be an expensive repair. For safety sake I think of them as weather resistant but again the owners call..
January 07, 2014 06:37PM
Dan I have used my CZ70, in light rain and it did not hurt it at all. I am going to try and keep it as dry as i can, that is why i will put something over it when i use it. With the chest mount it will well above the waves, i wont go that deep, like i said i don,t like it out there. I don,t want sharks in my house and i wont go in theres. I had a close call once, and i didn,t like it. If i can,t find anything on dry sand and ankle deep, i will go to a park.
January 07, 2014 10:28PM
$350 to $450 depending on cond. and coil package would be a decent buy but I have seen em go cheaper and higher too
January 07, 2014 10:52PM
Thanks MichiganRelicHunter....I'll have to keep my eye's and ears open for a good one...

Cheers Bob.

MichiganRelicHunter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> $350 to $450 depending on cond. and coil package
> would be a decent buy but I have seen em go
> cheaper and higher too

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2014 10:53PM by Whimpster.