Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Pulse machine

Posted by markg 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Pulse machine
January 08, 2014 01:16AM
I know they are cheaper, but how are the Detector Pro PI machines?
Re: Pulse machine
January 08, 2014 01:43AM
I had 2 HH PI's,,,one with the open 11 inch coil and one with the 8 inch coil. They work very well on the salt water beaches where I hunted. The 11 inch coil goes very deep, but I found it very hard to pin point with, and could not run it a lot of times with the pulse delay at optimal.

The 8 inch coil I found was much easier to pin point with, more sensitive to smaller targets and I could run at the optimal pulse delay for finding gold. They are, however, battery hogs, but that is due to the full 18V being used to it's fullest.

Have to be careful swinging, can't be too aggressive, as the coil connection to the headphones can get compromised. However, I did have one unit with the metal connector, where you can have the ability to switch coils, and that design is much more sturdy and less likely to break than the rubber, hard wired connector.

Overall they are not bad units at all and if found at a reasonable price, make a very good PI for salt water beach use.

As far as Detector Pro service goes ( I had a DP Wader as well and the connector failed so they replaced the entire cable), I can say nothing but good things about their service and Gary. He keeps you up to date on the repairs and turns around the repair very quickly at a reasonable price if out of warranty.

Hope this helps
January 08, 2014 02:43AM
The DP Pulse was the best, most sensitive pi machine I ever owned. I sold it like an idiot and now they are no longer being made. Still kicking myself.
January 10, 2014 03:53AM
bump