Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Excelerator or Ultimate Coil...which is better?

Posted by njnydigger 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Excelerator or Ultimate Coil...which is better?
January 09, 2014 02:39AM
Which are better (more stable, more depth) coils, the Excelerators or the Ultimates? If any of you have any depth info or comparisons, that would be super helpful smiling smiley

Joe
Re: Excelerator or Ultimate Coil...which is better?
January 09, 2014 10:35PM
Depends on which excelerator coil on which machine and Vise/Versa

IMO excelerators are better but that's coming from someone who's used them and ultimates on an Etrac (both the 13' ultimate and 2 different excel's)

also used a 13" ultimate on a GoldBug and a small butterfly excel on a ace 250 a few yrs back (don't ask - was the ex wifes machine)!

The ultimate coils act/operate more like factory coils imo but the excelerators are "hot" and they mean business!

Both are good coils but I lean towards the excels --- you just can't get both for all machines so sometimes you have to use what's available for a particular machine -

I want a 10x14 excelerator EQ2 DD for the AT Pro but they don't make em for that machine :-(

I do see however - they make large NEL coils for the AT Pro now - in the UK -- I may get the 8.5x12.5 Nel Hunter for my AT Pro
January 10, 2014 12:11AM
I think it can depend on soil and subjective opinion. Here in central FL the Ultimates get the nod. They hit copper and silver harder then the stock coil and can be run much hotter then the stock coil. They seem to be 1 to two inches deeper but they ID and give more reliable audio on fringe targets. Both are great coils though!
January 10, 2014 03:47AM
bump