Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Off subject but what a smart Dog

Posted by Keith Southern 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Off subject but what a smart Dog
January 11, 2014 07:10PM
He might be smarter than some people I know...LOL!!

[www.youtube.com]

Keith
Re: Off subject but what a smart Dog
January 11, 2014 07:30PM
Ha! lol. That's a thinking dog right there....does he need a job?
January 11, 2014 07:38PM
That fellas a movie star!---Now all they gotta do is teach him how to make their breakfast. ha ha------Good one Keith, thanks for posting it.--------Del
January 11, 2014 07:55PM
Ive had a couple of Beagles in my life and they are quite smart at problem solving....

Ive had a few bassett hounds and to be thruthful thye jsut dont have the get up and go to try and out fo the norm attempt's...

I had a Feist also....and that dog was super intelligent...Maybe the smartest dog I ever owned.

Wonder if you could teach a dog to sniff say Gold in the dirt?

Keith

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2014 07:59PM by Keith Southern.
January 11, 2014 07:57PM
Now if my pet Keeshond would only dig my finds....that would really work.....certainly has the strong front paws to do the job..

With my luck the SPCA would get on my back so have to put that on the backburner...
January 11, 2014 09:38PM
Dan-Pa. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Now if my pet Keeshond would only dig my
> finds....that would really work.....certainly has
> the strong front paws to do the job..
>
> With my luck the SPCA would get on my back so have
> to put that on the backburner...

If you could teach the dog to fill the holes back in that would be even better. I've had some great diggin dogs, but I always got stuck filling the holes. When I was a teenager my dog dug a hole in the yard and there was an old dime laying in the dirt. I picked it up and it was something I had never seen before. A little research and I found out it was a mercury dime. I guess you could say it was my first silver coin find and it was long before I got a detector.
January 12, 2014 12:23AM
Funny - reminds me of my sons dog! He came home from work last week and the dog ate his 2 large chocolate bars that were on the kitchen table! And not the cheap stuff either!

PittsburghWill

I had a med size dog (approx. 65 lbs) a mix of lab and boxer that would dig exactly where I told him! He learned by watching me - the 1st day I took him out in the field while swinging a detector - he followed me as I went, and watched me dig with his face in the hole/s as I dug - I couldn't keep him away/out of the way - it only took like 3 holes and then from that point on - when I stopped to dig a target and started - he stepped in and went to town for me! lol

I couldn't even dig a hole myself from that point on... The trick was to stop him before he dug too deep and slung the target flyin as he could dig a massive hole in seconds flat! It was great!

I could only take him to areas like fields and such though because he flung the dirt everywhere and there was no filling the hole/s back in!
January 12, 2014 12:55AM
Hi,, hey MRH I was kinda wondering if your sons dog became ill after consuming the chocolate bars???? The reason I ask is because chocolate can be deadly to a dog with bakers/semi-sweet chocolate being the worst.....JJ
January 12, 2014 01:21AM
Ha I hear ya jj, I had to put a latch on a lower cabinet to keep my daughters dog from sneaking the Oreo cookies. He has a nose for the stuff...had to peroxide him on a couple occasions, to vomit up the chocolate. Yes, the semi-sweet is bad but bakers chocolate is the worst.
January 12, 2014 01:26AM
jimmyjiver Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi,, hey MRH I was kinda wondering if your sons
> dog became ill after consuming the chocolate
> bars???? The reason I ask is because chocolate can
> be deadly to a dog with bakers/semi-sweet
> chocolate being the worst.....JJ

Nope - nothing happened to him JJ

don't know if it's because he's just tough or what!

I know it was dark chocolate and expensive stuff - not milk chocolate or like heresy's or whatever
January 12, 2014 01:32AM
Hi,, thanks for the reply MRH,,that's good he's a tough one ........JJ
January 12, 2014 03:55AM
MRH

Sounds like you had a real best friend.