Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

CZ-5 Pinpoint Button Dropped Out

Posted by yorkshire_rich 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
CZ-5 Pinpoint Button Dropped Out
January 11, 2008 11:41PM
Hi Tom

I was looking into the battery compartment on my CZ-5 and while the control box was inverted the pinpoint button popped out of the control box and was/is hanging by a single wire.

I cannot see a second wire, which i am assuming should be present at the rear 2 solder points on the pinpoint button.

The last time i used the CZ was a few days ago and i noticed the pinpoint button needed pressing several times to get the pinpoint to activate.

Is it possible to get a brand new replacement pinpoint button from Fisher/First Texas?

I intend to get the CZ inspected and serviced at a approved UK Fisher service center.(Pentechnic)

Have you had similar experiences with this pinpoint button? I expect mine is simply worn out.

Thanks
Rich
Re: CZ-5 Pinpoint Button Dropped Out
January 12, 2008 12:19AM
You might try this guy...BJ

[www.rebelmetal.com]

Contact Information:

Steve Noga, Owner
422 Rhett Butler Drive
Charleston, SC 29414
843.763.1115 or 410.703.6683
steve@rebelmetal.com

Fisher Repairs
Rebel Metal Detectors is a fully authorized Fisher Repair Center
All repairs are done on site at Rebel Metal Detectors. Repair costs vary, therefore we ask that all repairs must be requested by phone, prior to shipping, for service authorization. Please call: 410-987-0502
January 12, 2008 12:26AM
Hi BJ

Thanks for the info but i live in England UK. I will contact the email address you gave me for the part if i can't get it in England.

Thanks for taking the time write

All the best for 2008

Rich

BJ in Okla. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You might try this guy...BJ
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> [www.rebelmetal.com]
>
> Contact Information:
>
> Steve Noga, Owner
> 422 Rhett Butler Drive
> Charleston, SC 29414
> 843.763.1115 or 410.703.6683
> steve@rebelmetal.com
>
> Fisher Repairs
> Rebel Metal Detectors is a fully authorized Fisher
> Repair Center
> All repairs are done on site at Rebel Metal
> Detectors. Repair costs vary, therefore we ask
> that all repairs must be requested by phone, prior
> to shipping, for service authorization. Please
> call: 410-987-0502
January 12, 2008 04:42PM
There are 2 wires soldered to the PP Sw. -- There is also a solid buss interconnect wire going bewteen PP Sw, the Disc Sw and the Sens Pot. Mechanically,,,,,, there is a nylon/plastic elongated retainer that holds the PP Sw to the faceplate with one small screw in the center. There may be some minor variations between the last 17 years of CZ models.

If you are good at soldering.... it would save a trip back to Fisher.

Tom
January 12, 2008 06:57PM
Hi Tom

Thanks for that information.

The small nylon retainer with the screw through the centre had broken off and the button was only being held in place by the solder and wiring.
I managed to re-solder the connection and very carefully put a tiny blob of silicon to the top and bottom edge of the button unit.I figured it was the most non destructive 'fix' i could do.I also used Servisol Super 10 to clean all the pots.
My pinpoint wiring was one wire and the other connection soldered to the interconnect wire you described.It was this that had broken the solder point so when the button was pressed it would connect intermittently...bridged the gap in the break with the thumb pressure.

I was very impressed with the condition of the Czs circuit boards and components(which i was carefull not to mess with)they were like brand new.

Air tested the CZ and the pinpoint is working fine and all the controls feel nice and smooth.Will take it to the park tomorrow for a true test.

Thanks for your help.
Rich.

NASA-Tom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There are 2 wires soldered to the PP Sw. --
> There is also a solid buss interconnect wire going
> bewteen PP Sw, the Disc Sw and the Sens Pot.
> Mechanically,,,,,, there is a nylon/plastic
> elongated retainer that holds the PP Sw to the
> faceplate with one small screw in the center.
> There may be some minor variations between the
> last 17 years of CZ models.
>
> If you are good at soldering.... it would save a
> trip back to Fisher.
>
> Tom
January 13, 2008 04:45AM
Good job! Glad it worked out.

Tom