Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

what a difference a coil can make

Posted by John 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
what a difference a coil can make
January 26, 2014 11:20PM
had to stay in town today, so I took my ETrac and the 4.5x7 eliptical coil to a very nasty lot site,actually two lots. Ive hunter these lots numerous times with the Pro coil and 8 inch Sunray. Have found a few wheaties but nothing more. But, today I was able to work the signals much better. Found a Standing Liberty Quarter,2 Rosies and 2 more wheaties. and several memorials. Worked only one of the lots
I wanna thank you guys for talking me into that coil.
Between the crazy winter this year and work, I just havent had much hunt time as I usually do.
HH,
John
Re: what a difference a coil can make
January 26, 2014 11:45PM
Best coil made for the Etrac as for trash work! Love that coil :-)
January 27, 2014 12:06AM
John, I have an E-trac but only have the 11" pro coil. The 4 1/2" X 7" is this the eliptical that Kellyco sells? Thanks
January 27, 2014 12:37AM
BamaJoe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> John, I have an E-trac but only have the 11" pro
> coil. The 4 1/2" X 7" is this the eliptical that
> Kellyco sells? Thanks

It is elliptical but not the 5x10 ---- be careful not to get that one (the 5x10) as you'll be very disappointed with that one! Don't know why but that coil doesn't like the Etrac for some reason.

Make sure it's the 4.5x7" DD Excelerator EQ2 coil ---- unbelievable depth from such a small coil and separation like no other! Very good coil and quality const. too ;-)
January 27, 2014 01:41AM
Ditto what MichiganRelicHunter stated. Ive only had mine a few weeks,wish I would have had it a few years. Just make sure you get the 4.5x7 Excelerator coil at KellyCo.
HH,
John
January 27, 2014 03:56AM
John Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ditto what MichiganRelicHunter stated. Ive only
> had mine a few weeks,wish I would have had it a
> few years. Just make sure you get the 4.5x7
> Excelerator coil at KellyCo.
> HH,
> John

X2
January 27, 2014 04:48AM
Thanks guys, ... Good information... I'm keeping my E-trac and It sounds like I need to add this coil. I've been thinking about getting an elliptical coil for awhile now.
January 28, 2014 12:50PM
Yup Kieth turned me onto this one and thanks for doing it. It beat the stuffing out of the 5" Sunray when it came to one edge coins especially. What's going to be interesting is I have a 6" Coiltek coming and it's going to get run against it to see how they compare.
January 28, 2014 01:37PM
4.5x7 is the best Site specific coil you can get for the FBS machine's in my humble opinion...

Again I love how a coil can trasnform a machine .

And again its all about finding the combo .

Theres alot of coils available but at the same time a certain combo when they mesh will up the ante...

I am in awe of how far coil design has evolved in just the last few year's..

Keith