Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Looking for an Goldmaxx Power

Posted by Old California 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Looking for an Goldmaxx Power
January 28, 2014 05:36PM
Think I'm going to spring for an GOLD MAXX POWER the one with the 18 kHz, If anyone has one for sale please contract me. Or, If anyone has purchased a new one from across the pond or knows of a trusted dealer selling the GMP please let me know.

Currently back with the Vista Gold and she's working great but seeing after good reviews with the GMP think I may get one, Plan on spending most of my relic hinting time at a new particular location this year would like to include another serious machine for this area.

Thanks,
Paul (Ca)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2014 05:38PM by Old California.
Re: Looking for an Goldmaxx Power
January 28, 2014 07:02PM
Hi Paul, I got a used GMP about a year ago from Kevin at Staffordshire Detectors(website) and as of last nite he had 2 on his site--all good used detectors. He's a great guy to deal with and the machine got here very quickly in an unbelievably small box. I find, like Keith, that the sensitivity is quite enhanced by the NEL 5" Sharp Coil, And it will be interesting to know from you how it compares to the Vista Gold. Hope you get one, YubaJ
January 29, 2014 04:51PM
Thanks YubaJ for the information, Appreciate this allot!

Went to Staffordshire Detectors website and yes seen the two GMP models you mentioned, I will get in touch with Kevin.

I found another one but it's only the control box, I can always get a coil later so will see how this pans out here in a few days and may go with Staffordshire Detectors instead especially knowing you've had a positive transaction with Kevin.

I really like my Vista Gold, It's my second one the first appeared to be more sensitive. With this second Vista Gold off the bat noticed it not as deep as the first, So I tweaked this second one up a bit and Wow it's hotter than the first added 2-3 inches maybe even more and know it's more sensitive to mico-jewelry than the first. It's a keeper it's staying in the stable of my serious detectors won't let this one get away it's a serious relic hunter, But the GMP looks like something I'd like to add beside the Vista Gold so will see if I can get one.

Thanks again for the information,
Paul (Ca)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2014 04:53PM by Old California.
January 30, 2014 01:35AM
This site has new ones for what he is selling good used ones for although haven't found anyone as a reference. But good prices at 24% off currently.

Paul might check this out before you pull the trigger. I do not like the Deus shaft set up though. I'm still looking.

[www.metal-detectors.org]

Steve
January 30, 2014 01:52AM
I thought they could not sell the goldmaxx power new here?Am I wrong??? I would like to know cause I just pulled the trigger on the less expensive one on the used site, now Im confused.Ray
January 30, 2014 02:09AM
Well Ray you can get them shipped here used but no dealers are allowed to sell new ones here legally...FCC regulations..but a used one can be got ...

What is the lesser one you bought?

Keith
January 30, 2014 02:37AM
435 pounds with 50 pounds shipping.And thanks,thats what I thought . Ray
January 30, 2014 03:32AM
Ray,

It's my understanding you can buy new or used from overseas but no one can sell new ones here inside the states legally. I suspect they would contend it is sold as used if it isn't legal to ship here. Maybe someone will chime in that has bought a new one.

At this site a new GMP is $559 pounds + $45 pounds shipping or $999.62 USD shipped. I do prefer the original rod setup so that's holding me back but someone mentioned even it is a bit flimsy. All other site I've seen thus far are over $700 pounds. I might give them a call as they are advertising a toll free #. I'll let everyone know if I pull the trigger but I'm still currently looking around.

Steve
January 30, 2014 03:39AM
Im sorry Ray I wasnt asking the price you paid thast your business for sure...I thought when you said the lesser Goldmaxx Power you was talking maybe about an early pre power model or something..

Keith
January 30, 2014 03:54AM
There was a used GMP there for $500 pounds. Believe Ray is refering to the other one as there had been two. The prices were listed Keith. I've eyeballed them awhile.

The predecessor is the Goldmaxx Mark 1. Then the low frequency units are the GMaxx and now GMaxx 2. I'd like to see feedback on the GMaxx. Heard it is deep on silver coins but expect it would be limited in unmasking.
January 30, 2014 04:00PM
I have 2 and I may be willing to part with one if you want to send me a message.
January 30, 2014 04:06PM
Thanks Dirt Dawg for the link to that site, I did try that site earlier in the week seen they had them for a good price for Jan but couldn't get through on the phone. Didn't see an email address so I went ahead and tried Kevin at Staffordshire Detectors got in touch with him and paid this morning, It's a good used model newer version with new shaft setup.

Ray, Glad to see you ordered one you got that for a good price. Keep us posted with how she works especially up in gold county, it may serve you for two types of hunting both relic and gold nugget since you live near this type of terrain.

Ok, Now I can order the smaller NEL coil/coils from the US hopefully today.

You guys and gals take care,
Paul (Ca)
January 30, 2014 04:25PM
Sorry goldmanjace, Missed you post by a few minutes ordered one this morning.

Appreciate you posting you may have an extra for sale, Maybe someone will see this and contact you .

Thanks!
Paul
January 31, 2014 01:58AM
Paul, you are going to enjoy the GMP. The iron volume control is one of favorite designs or the GMP. Not mention the speed and ability to cut through iron like a knife.

good luck
Tom in SC
January 31, 2014 01:13PM
Hi guys, I did not realize that so many of you wanted a GMP. I will see what I can do, I just need a little more time for this. Please tell me if you are interested in brand new units or used. I have 2 and they are both version 4.0 and they are my private ones and I am willing to part with one. I can get other though.
January 31, 2014 04:26PM
Thanks Tom,

Guess it will be shipped today may have it my next weekend off, Have every other weekend off just may have the GMP then smiling smiley

Thanks again Tom!
Paul (Ca)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2014 04:27PM by Old California.
January 31, 2014 05:54PM
Good deal Paul. Now we will be able to compare signals with my T2(Green) with the new NEL shooter coil and our ATG.
January 31, 2014 07:14PM
You bet El! And Congrats with your recent 1820's Phoenix button fine!

See you in two weeks smiling smiley

Paul (Ca)
February 01, 2014 05:50PM
Ok guys, please let me know who is interested in a brand new GMP.
February 01, 2014 08:43PM
Count me in... I would be all over buying one.

Let me know when and how much!!!!!
February 01, 2014 11:28PM
I am definitely interested.
February 02, 2014 04:36AM
I do have an interest...kinda need to know how much.
February 02, 2014 06:20PM
ok, I take it 3 brand new ones. Is that correct? Please let me know if there is anyone else who wants a new one so I can get things started.
February 02, 2014 07:48PM
Any idea as to the price?

Many thanks again

Micheal
February 03, 2014 07:24AM
ok all, everone that wants a brand new one please send me a PM with your mailing address so I can calculate shipping and the total prices plus I can see how many I need to get.