Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

AKA Sorex Pro question

Posted by sekypaleo 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
AKA Sorex Pro question
January 30, 2014 02:30AM
Well I have pretty much narrowed my next detector down to the Sorex Pro or possibly the Signum. Been doing a lot of research on both and will make my decision mid Feb. I am leaning strongly towards the Sorex as I find I like the audio better than the Signum.....the Sorex has been called less 'sparky" than the Signum but of course the Sorex gets slightly less depth (I hear 1-2" in ground diff). This question would be posed to Igor.... Since the Sorex operates in two channels simultaneously , RT (all metal) and ST (disc)....I wonder if a fringe detection depth non ferrous target will cause a signal in RT (rise and fall in audio threshold) but NOT give the ST audio report? I assume it would , but have yet to seed a video demonstrating this. If it does not...then what is the purpose of running both at the same time? Bill
Re: AKA Sorex Pro question
February 04, 2014 03:56AM
Geeez, where's Igor when we need him, LOL.
I will try to answer. The all metal channel is deeper than the disc channel. So its possible to get a audio report in all metal, but none or little in the disc channel.
February 06, 2014 09:15PM
O.K.,Bill,
I did not expect another thread on AKA items besides the only,where I usually post.Not complicated question.Yes,both channels like 2 detectors run simultaneosly.The Real Time channel is deeper and has 2 usefull aims.The first is to show,that a target is real,but the Short Tone (the ID channel) can not reach.It could be beneficial on treasure sites,where all targets are taken from an usual depth,but some are deeper and could be caught only by the Real Time channel.
And,secondly,the Real Time channel will help to distingwish a target by a size and by a depth.
Thanks.
February 07, 2014 01:54AM
Thanks Igor! That is what I thought. I appreciate your response, and I think you are representing AKA quite well and professionally on this forum. I am very excited to soon have a Sorex Pro, as the features of it and the Signum seem quite unique and exciting!
February 07, 2014 08:14AM
Regarding what Igor said sekypaleo "And,secondly,the Real Time channel will help to distingwish a target by a size and by a depth. "
I have to say this is a VERY beneficial feature. I learned on a Nautilus IIB (not recommended!) and I was pretty good with understanding
the size and depth of targets JUST from that AM side. Also, maybe Igor can answer this, on the Nautilus, iron had a "wider" sound than
other metals, literally. Is this just a normal function of AM sides, or was it Nautilus specific? Because on the Nautilus I could often rule out
iron just from that AM side.

All the best
Albert
February 11, 2014 03:01PM
Albert,
let's say,that the main ID feature of all AKAs is the Short Tone channel.Of course,a length of the Real Time sounding could assist to understand,that mostly a big piece of iron is there as well as a big piece of non-ferrous also could be.There is a special algorithm,called S,switching of this could say more definately,that it is an iron or not.